Problems with Neutron Music Player on my new Galaxy S22

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Roland

Problems with Neutron Music Player on my new Galaxy S22

Post by Roland » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:34 pm

Hi there,
I just installed Neutron Music Player on my new Galaxy S22.
While everything worked perfectly on my old S7 Edge, I'm having two major issues with my new install:
1) When I select one or more music sources (in manual search) stored on my network, the tracks scan is correct and the selected disks are displayed among artists, albums, titles, etc... But when I start playing, the first song starts and after a few seconds, it stops and at the same time, all the entries (albums, artists, etc.) have disappeared. I no longer have access to anything and there is a 0 in all the entries.
2) When I want to access my phone's file system locally to select a source, I only have two folders showing up under internal storage: doc and NeutronMP.
Help, can you help me???
Many thanks in advance....
I don't speak english and this text is a Google translation from french...

blaubär

Re: Problems with Neutron Music Player on my new Galaxy S22

Post by blaubär » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:43 am

Roland wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:34 pm
2) When I want to access my phone's file system locally to select a source, I only have two folders showing up under internal storage: doc and NeutronMP.
That is probably due to SAF ( Storage Access Framework, mandatory for certain application from Android 11 on ), see 2.19+ - new file access method (SAF), How-To and the links therein.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:55 am

Roland wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:34 pm
1) When I select one or more music sources (in manual search) stored on my network, the tracks scan is correct and the selected disks are displayed among artists, albums, titles, etc... But when I start playing, the first song starts and after a few seconds, it stops and at the same time, all the entries (albums, artists, etc.) have disappeared. I no longer have access to anything and there is a 0 in all the entries.
If this worked on the S7 and doesn't work on the S22 I would begin checking power settings ( to avoid optimization due to energy saving schemes ) and network settings ( to avoid network timeouts ) on the device. If the problem persists, could you tell us more ? What server is used ? Could we see a screenshot of the sources ( are they really identical to those on the S7 ? ) ?

v1rooz

S22 ultra no music recognized

Post by v1rooz » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:41 pm

Hello i have a problem with s22 ultra. Neutron do not see any source of music. All permission granted. No matter if im adding source manually or automatically. I have flac files in device memory.

blaubär

Re: S22 ultra no music recognized

Post by blaubär » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:08 pm

v1rooz wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:41 pm
Hello i have a problem with s22 ultra. Neutron do not see any source of music. All permission granted. No matter if im adding source manually or automatically. I have flac files in device memory.
As you can see from the topic into which I merged your post you're not alone. These issues might be due to the SAF or due to the S22 os. When in doubt feel free to contact neutronmp@gmail.com and ask them for advice.

v1rooz

Post by v1rooz » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:41 pm

Problem temporary solved. Put your music folder directly in phone storage without any excessive folders (i mean acess folders, all album or artist folders you can keep) for example : device/my_music/artist/album/song.flac in this way is working for me, before probably path was too long (device/john_files/my_music/artist/album/song.flac)

Roland

Post by Roland » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:56 pm

Goodnight all,
I solved all my problems... :D
I downloaded from this site, in the "Download" section, then installed, the "Generic" version of the application.
My legal license is kept and... miracle... :D Everything works!!! All my network and "local" files (on the smartphone) are fully accessible.
Ah, life in music with Neutron is so beautiful!!! :D