Soft Pause but no Soft Un-Pause ?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Biggie

Soft Pause but no Soft Un-Pause ?

Post by Biggie » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:23 pm

Hi, running the app on an LG G8x and it's running fine. I don't know what version I'm running but its about 70 days since the download. I tried looking at the settings and on this forum for a "Soft" un-pause function, i.e. a functinon like the "ramp-down" of volume when the pause button is pressed, but the opposite (soft ramp up of volume) when unpausing. I am suprised that a "ramp up" is not present (i cant find it). This to me makes more sense for the presentation of loud volumes from a paused to unpaused state can stress a speaker , or your ears from a forcing or step function in volume. Please direct me to a setting or consider this in the next release...Thanks

WitzyZed

Re: Soft Pause but no Soft Un-Pause ?

Post by WitzyZed » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:09 pm

Settings -> Playback -> Fader
Click the toggle button to enable it, then click Fader to adjust fade-in as well as fade-out time.
You do not need to enable Crossfade for this to work.

With regards to the fade-out time, if Fader is not enabled, there is another option for it, by going to Settings -> User Interface -> Fade Out on Pause, Time (msec). If Fader toggle button IS enabled, this option under User Interface overrides the fade-out time set on the Fader screen.

Settings -> Playback -> Automatic Gain Protection
Click the toggle button to enable it, then click AGP title again to adjust its settings.

Biggie

Re: Soft Pause but no Soft Un-Pause ?

Post by Biggie » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:24 am

I enabled the Fader, and got the desired results, thanks for the quick reply!