Player not detecting any files/folders

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Shados

Player not detecting any files/folders

Post by Shados » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:56 am

I'm using the 'generic' version of the player with a paypro license, as I don't have google services on my phone. I recently updated to Android 12, and found Neutron had started to crash if I attempted to use it with earbuds plugged in, so I updated it to version 2.20.3, reconfigured the settings, added a media source via the SAF crap (as that is the only option presented), and found that Neutron is completely failing to detect any files or folders whatsoever. Scanning picks up nothing, and the 'Folders' browser is empty.

blaubär

Re: Player not detecting any files/folders

Post by blaubär » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:18 am

You've read this ? Where exactly are the data that you want to access located ?

Shados

Post by Shados » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:25 am

Yes, I read that and created a new, SAF-based source entry. I had to do so anyway as upgrading the version of the generic package I was using ended up clearing my settings. The files are on internal storage, not an SD card.

MotleyG

Post by MotleyG » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:06 am

Shados wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:25 am
Yes, I read that and created a new, SAF-based source entry. I had to do so anyway as upgrading the version of the generic package I was using ended up clearing my settings. The files are on internal storage, not an SD card.
Did you specify an actual folder that your files are all located in? With SAF you cannot use the root path of the internal or external storage locations.

Shados

Post by Shados » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:41 am

MotleyG wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:06 am
Shados wrote:
Did you specify an actual folder that your files are all located in? With SAF you cannot use the root path of the internal or external storage locations.
Yes, I specified a particular subfolder, it's about three folders deep beneath the root.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:06 pm

Shados wrote:
It seems you're keeping existing settings. I suggest you completely remove the Neutron app AND the settings ( meaning Neutron's folder where the app's data are stored ) and install from scratch. And/Or you use the generic package.

Shados

Post by Shados » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:24 am

blaubär wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:06 pm
Shados wrote:
It seems you're keeping existing settings. I suggest you completely remove the Neutron app AND the settings ( meaning Neutron's folder where the app's data are stored ) and install from scratch. And/Or you use the generic package.
As I explained in the initial post: I am using the generic package. Removing the app, deleting its folder, reinstalling and adding the source entry again has made no difference.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:10 am

Shados wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:24 am
As I explained in the initial post: I am using the generic package. Removing the app, deleting its folder, reinstalling and adding the source entry again has made no difference.
Well, if with your setup Neutron with SAF doesn't work as it should I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com and tell them.