Bug report: Determine whether to show/not show the grey arrows for flipping through multiple cover art

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
111MilesToGo

Bug report: Determine whether to show/not show the grey arrows for flipping through multiple cover art

Post by 111MilesToGo » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:58 am

Neutron Player (at least the Android version, updated from Google Play to the latest 2.21.1) shows shady grey up/down arrows overlayed at the right-hand side of the cover image on the Now Playing screen, when it detects multiple cover art images to be present for the album or track. I really like that Neutron is able to flip through all the images of a track or album from the Now Playing screen.

Minor bug: It seems that Neutron does not check for multiple cover images for every individual track being played. It should do so, however. The decision "show/do not show the grey arrows" should be refreshed for each individual track. Of course, without disturbing gapless playback and all else ...

Reason: My use case is as follows. I like to store cover images in the metadata of a track (MP3tag on Windows), and I like to have multiple images within one track. At least for me, it is not uncommon that individual tracks within an album have differing numbers of images, and tracks within an album might have differing images in their respective metadata. So I happened to find (thanks to Blaubär for asking a question): The grey arrows are not shown when I start playing from a track with one image only, which is correct. But when Neutron progresses to a track with multiple images in its metadata thereafter, the arrows still do not show up, which is incorrect.

In any case, Neutron does correctly flip through all images of an individual track, if the arrows are accessible.

The whole story is in Blaubär's Neutron MP manual, starting from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6131&sid=741112d452 ... 51e#p18600,
and in particular viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6131&sid=741112d452 ... 51e#p18607.