Setting Advice For LG V30 Dummies Needed

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Koukol

Setting Advice For LG V30 Dummies Needed

Post by Koukol » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:49 pm

Hello everyone,
I recently bought a used LG V30 for Hi resolution playback and chose Neutron for its brilliant sound.
Unfortunately, I don't understand all the setting choices and fear with every tweak I make I'm diminishing the sound.
Due to sinus issues I can't always trust my ears.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what must be on or off to get the most of my V30.
I tried asking at Headfi so far which got me the suggestion I try here.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

MotleyG

Re: Setting Advice For LG V30 Dummies Needed

Post by MotleyG » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:15 am

I would reset everything to default in the audio settings. Then use this guide to optimize the settings.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4014&sid=3311d027f5 ... 918f54707d

The LG V series all sound very good with their quad DAC setup, and they all have a headphone jack. So I’d start with these settings only. If you find it isn’t to your liking, start making small adjustments from here. If any changes you make don’t improve the sound, you can always move them back and try something else.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:19 am

Koukol wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:49 pm
I'm hoping someone can tell me what must be on or off to get the most of my V30.
I suggest you start by reading the manual.

Koukol

Post by Koukol » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:58 am

Thanks guys

I did read the manual before posting.
Unfortunately some of the options are hard to understand due to a medication side effect.

The link Motley gave is what I was hoping for but couldn't find.
Cheers!

Koukol

Post by Koukol » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:26 am

So now the player stopped working and said the trial period is over.
???
Since this is the only app I ever bought I have no idea where to turn for help.
On Google Play I think I accidentally requested a refund when I was only trying to find help.

I don't know if this is the problem but I don't always keep my phone connected to the internet since I rarely use it with my phone.
I use my home wi-fi and keep it turned off until I need it to save on the battery.

I thought I'd ask here first before creating a new thread.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:16 am

Koukol wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:26 am
So now the player stopped working and said the trial period is over.
See here

Q: I purchased Neutron in Google Play but still getting Trial Expires message?

A: Make sure that Google confirmed your purchase and e-mailed Purchase Confirmation to your bound Google account (e-mail). Make sure your device has Google Play Store working and you can see your purchases there. Sometimes Google Play services misbehave (long lasting bug) and provide incorrect reply to the application's request to validate license.

There are 2 ways to try to fix this problem:

1. Easy:

Reboot device
Open Neutron from its page in Google Play Store app

2. Complex:

Uninstall Neutron (backup /NeutronMP with all settings but normally it should persist)
Go to OS settings -> Apps -> find Google Play Store in the list -> clear cache and data -> find Google Play services -> clear cache and data -> reboot device
Install and open Neutron from its page in Google Play Store app
Access Neutron's settings -> Help -> Account -> wait until progress bar stops and red dot appears on GOOGLE entry

If these steps do not help send message to the technical support e-mail.

Note! Google Play license check does not work on Android devices without Google Play services installed. Earlier purchased applications will not be able to check license in Google Play and will behave as not purchased. If Google Play services can not be installed on such device to overcome this limitation and be able to use Neutron you could follow this FAQ answer.

MotleyG

Post by MotleyG » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:17 pm

Koukol wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:26 am
On Google Play I think I accidentally requested a refund when I was only trying to find help.
If you did, then you will see on the Google Play store the option to buy the app again instead of just downloading it from your list of app. You can go ahead and buy it, as if you already do have a purchased license, it should just download without charging you again.

Koukol

Post by Koukol » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:54 pm

Thanks again, guys.
Having turned on my wi-fi for about an hour and updated a lot of apps I believe that fixed it.
I guess I'll have to do this more often.

Cheers.