settings for playing via USB port connection?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Neutronlux

settings for playing via USB port connection?

Post by Neutronlux » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:53 am

In Neutron Player settings --> conection and controls --> play if output attached you also can activate "digital: usb".
But connecting my Android (6) smartphone with active loudspeakers via USB cable does not give any signal out. But if I connect my PC with an audio or video player on it with my active loudspeakers the sound comes out.
On my smartphone also "usb-audiorouting" is activated. For USB configuration Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) ist enabled. Enabling "audio source" instead does not make any difference.

What settings in Neutron player or in the smartphone do I have to consider to make the USB port work?

MotleyG

Re: settings for playing via USB port connection?

Post by MotleyG » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:47 pm

It depends on the device, which you didn't mention. I am assuming when you mentioned Android (6) you are referring to the OS version, which was Marshmallow? Generally if Neutron sees a device connected by USB while running it will automatically offer to change to that device. If the OS or hardware do not support a USB output connection, there isn't much Neutron can do.

Neutronlux

Post by Neutronlux » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:40 pm

Thanks. In fact, my smartphone is an Honor 6X with Android 6 in fact. The USB port for a digital audio signal output seems not work than!?

I also have Huawei MediaPad M5 tablet with Android 9 on it and an USB-C port only. Using an adapter for USB-C to jack plug lets me use headphones with Neutron Player. Thus an analog signal is getting out of tablet via USB-C. The question is does also come out an digital signal which I can use (how)? I can use the digital USB-Audio signal from the PC for the active loudspeakers in fact.
I do not have the correct adapter so far. Hence I cannot try it out. Before buying it for nothing better is knowing it ;)

MotleyG

Post by MotleyG » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:54 pm

I do not have either device, so I can't confirm if the Huawei device will work. If you are getting the analog conversion using an adapter from USB-C, then I would say it probably will work. In many cases, you may have to use an OTG adapter for either the micro-USB and USB-C connectors. But again it will depend on both the mobile device as well as the connected speakers/DAC/headphone.