Migrated to new phone, much album art missing

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
robdean

Migrated to new phone, much album art missing

Post by robdean » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:13 am

Android, migrated to new phone, no matter how I refresh the source about 1/3 of the albums which had art on my old phone no longer show art on my new phone. The SDHC with the mp3s was simply moved over. Any suggestions gratefully received.
Rob

blaubär

Re: Migrated to new phone, much album art missing

Post by blaubär » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:50 pm

Yes, look here, probably settings in "Settings > Media Library".

robdean

Post by robdean » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:36 pm

The issue seems to be with artist folders that contain subfolders with albums in.
I arrange & browse my music by folder.
It used to be that placing a jpg in an artist folder containing subfolders of albums assigned the image to that artist folder.
That is not working for me now, as folder.jpg or cover.jpg.
Advice would be much appreciated.
I have been through the source refresh procedure several times.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:19 pm

robdean wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:36 pm
The issue seems to be with artist folders that contain subfolders with albums in.
I arrange & browse my music by folder.
Sorry, I never saw an image in the library's first folder view.
robdean wrote:
It used to be that placing a jpg in an artist folder containing subfolders of albums assigned the image to that artist folder.
That is not working for me now, as folder.jpg or cover.jpg.
Are we talking about album art or artist images ? For the latter to show up in the library you'll have to activate "album artwork" in the artist list setup.

robdean wrote:
I have been through the source refresh procedure several times.
If you haven't tried a rescan you can try that.

robdean

Post by robdean » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:07 pm

Thank you.
Rescan hadn’t worked, but I seem to have success if I rename from folder.jpg to cover.jpg then fully rescan.
I don’t know if that’s because of the specific name or rather because the name simply changed so triggered something by the fact of being different. It had worked in the past with folder.jpg.
I've only done a few to test it so far.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:13 pm

Well, if you enter the library, do a long press on "Sources", then hit "Scan", it should do a rescan of all sources. If SAF permits access, that is. If that doesn't work, I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com and ask for their opinion.

robdean

Post by robdean » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:22 pm

I've done the long-press rescan.
I will take out the SDHC, mount it in Windows, and try to automate a mass rename of files called folder.jpg to cover.jpg - failing that I'll rename each manually. I think that should fix the issue. Thank you for your help, it did help lead me to the solution!

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:23 am

Well, let's hope it is the solution. You're aware of the fact that with SAF there are certain limitations ? Neutron cannot access the root of the SD card directly, you'll have to create sources which use at least one subdirectory.
MotleyG wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:09 pm
What you have described is part of the SAF file management that Google has implemented in recent versions of Android (A11+?). It is no longer possible to have apps with global access to an entire root folder of any drive, including external cards. You must assign at least one main folder. So in most cases for media players this is often a ../Music/.. folder or something similar. You can still add multiple folders as well from both internal and external storage.