Playlist issues since last update

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
JoeMikeGent

Playlist issues since last update

Post by JoeMikeGent » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:59 pm

I use Poweramp to create playlist files.

In the past (at least for years) If i exported my playlist to a folder (.m3u8 AND m3u extensions) Neutron had no issues reading the playlist files after I exported to a folder that was shared within Neutron. I did not have to make any modifications after directly exporting from PowerAmp.

It doesn't appear Poweramp has done any updates to their playlist creation protocols so I dont know why neutron no longer can read them properly. It will list he correct track count but once I select the playlist it is empty within.

If it helps here is how Poweramp creates list and Neutron was able to read them before:

0000-0000/Music/Artist -Song
which translates to
[name of SD card]/[folder were songs are stored]/File Name

I even attempted to create a custom M3U from my PC playing with extensions inside the list. I even tried the below extension format:
SD/[folder were songs are located]/[file name]

Still no luck. Any assistance would greatly be appreciated. :|

MotleyG

Re: Playlist issues since last update

Post by MotleyG » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:27 pm

JoeMikeGent wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:59 pm
I use Poweramp to create playlist files.

In the past (at least for years) If i exported my playlist to a folder (.m3u8 AND m3u extensions) Neutron had no issues reading the playlist files after I exported to a folder that was shared within Neutron. I did not have to make any modifications after directly exporting from PowerAmp.

It doesn't appear Poweramp has done any updates to their playlist creation protocols so I dont know why neutron no longer can read them properly. It will list he correct track count but once I select the playlist it is empty within.

If it helps here is how Poweramp creates list and Neutron was able to read them before:

0000-0000/Music/Artist -Song
which translates to
[name of SD card]/[folder were songs are stored]/File Name

I even attempted to create a custom M3U from my PC playing with extensions inside the list. I even tried the below extension format:
SD/[folder were songs are located]/[file name]

Still no luck. Any assistance would greatly be appreciated. :|
I just created two new Playlists in Poweramp. In order to make them visible to other players, you do need to Export them from Poweramp's internal database (Settings>Library>Playlists>Export Poweramp Playlists). I defined the internal Playlist folder for my device as the destination folder for these exports. Once they were done, I was able to have Neutron re-scan the Playlists (defined as the same internal folder) and both are visible with the same number of tracks and in order. So it appears to be working for me.

What version od Android are you on? Perhaps Google's super-user-friendly SAF is blocking your access to this folder for Neutron?

JoeMikeGent

Post by JoeMikeGent » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:40 pm

I am using Android 12. I'm exporting my playlist within Poweramp using the same method you are. The only thing I have not tried is exporting it to the internal playlist folder. I didn't have to do this before. I will remove my previously dedicated playlist folder for my exports and try the internal and report back. I have several songs and it takes a while for Neutron to scan them all and it rescans when I remove a folder.

JoeMikeGent

Post by JoeMikeGent » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:04 pm

Update. Looks like after I did that it doesnt show up automatically but when i browse to the folder manually it shows all playlists as 0. I also noticed that I can't seem to export Neutron NATIVELY created playlists either. I even browse to the folder it claims they are at within the details and i cant find the file manually either.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:14 am

Looks like a SAF issue, also see here. I suggest you manually copy your playlist files from PowerAmp into a directory that is used by Neutron as a source. That is, if that is possible - access of internal directories seems to be somewhat problematic with SAF. If you have migrated your devive from pre-SAF to Andoid 12 and haven't already created new SAF-compatible sources in Neutron I suggest you do so.