WebDAV Limits

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Dryst

WebDAV Limits

Post by Dryst » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:43 am

I setup WebDAV on the latest Neutron player installed on my Sony Xperia. I allowed it to scan files on pCloud, but it stopped after running for a few hours. I have over 30,000 audio files stored on pCloud My Music directory. These are FLAC, APE, OGG and MP3 files. Within Neutron player the WebDAV source is showing in yellow and stopped at only 4213 files. I am not sure what this means or why it stopped. Is there any way to get all files read in?

My Android device has plenty of space available. 51GB used of 512GB in total, and 2GB used of 1TB on the SD card.

blaubär

Re: WebDAV Limits

Post by blaubär » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:59 am

I don't know whether there are limits to WebDev but it would surely be faster and easier ( for the device and the Neutron app ) were the files locally available. Btw and just to avoid potential misunderstanding : Neutron scanning a cloud doesn't copy the files to your device, so as long as you use the cloud as source it is not relevant what space there is on your device.

Dryst

Post by Dryst » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:51 pm

The coder would know best, but I only listed space available due to read ahead caching to prevent playback pauses due to poor connectivity. The yellow display shown under WebDAV for sources has some meaning and may explain why only 4213 files are shown. I have no idea what this yellow color is supposed to mean. I am seeing no error messages, but I am seeing a low file count. I have high speed connectivity in my vehicle, so bandwidth should not be an issue. I was surprised by the low total file counts. The scanning I did at home. Based on the low counts, I don't want to even play over Bluetooth in my vehicle.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:57 pm

What does WebDav have to do with Bluetooth?

Dryst

Post by Dryst » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:40 pm

Here's my scenario:

I use pCloud as I wrote in my original post. All of my media exists in the cloud. My Android smartphone has Neutron installed, and it is configured to connect to WebDAV to play all audio. I drive my vehicle that natively supports Bluetooth audio. My vehicle does not support WebDAV in any way, shape or form. My phone does support Bluetooth.

I still do not understand why the WebDAV source is showing in yellow and limiting all content.

Dryst

Post by Dryst » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:23 pm

Incidentally, my vehicle has broadband with WiFi hotspot enabled. My Android phone is connected to my vehicle's WiFi hotspot. There is plenty of bandwidth to stream 4K video let alone stream FLAC files.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:47 pm

Feel free to contact neutronmp@gmail.com and ask for their opinion, they might know how to further analyse this.

Dryst

Post by Dryst » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:09 am

Prior to emailing, I am attempting a refresh again. It has been running now for hours, so this looks better. I will allow it to finish then observe results. I have patience if nothing else.

Dryst

Post by Dryst » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:54 am

Good news -- my scan completed and I have all content through WebDAV of my pCloud My Music library. My scan completed today. It took a couple of retries, and I really do not know how long it took. I believe it was less than 24 hours the third and final attempt. I re-attempted the scan from WebDAV about three or four times. My guess is that each additional attempt does not take as long, but this is only a guess. Now that this is complete I will attempt to play WebDAV content over my vehicle's WiFi hotspot to make sure everything works properly.

Thanks for your assistance, but I did not have to email at all. It eventually worked itself out.

Dryst

Post by Dryst » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:57 am

Incidentally my WebDAV source now shows as gray. My guess is the yellow color indicated an issue. Gray represents normal. My SD card content also shows as gray for a source.