Having trouble scanning files on Galaxy S23 Ultra

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
TAROU

Having trouble scanning files on Galaxy S23 Ultra

Post by TAROU » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:51 am

Hello.

I have a fatal problem.

When I open the Neutron on my phone (Samsung, Galaxy S23 ultra which runs Android 13), the app starts scanning files automatically. However, this process doesn't work properly. It gets error and no files are show in my library. Then I try to scan files manually, The button of any directory is red out and says "Error has occurred". If I register the directory again, the file is scanned properly and I can listen the music. But I close the app and open it again, there is the error again.

I did not have this problems on my previous phone which runs Android 12. And I tried the apk version which is for Android 10 or below. But that error is still there.

Are there anyone who knows causing of this bug and means to repair this?

Thank you.

TAROU

blaubär

Re: Having trouble scanning files on Galaxy S23 Ultra

Post by blaubär » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:29 pm

TAROU wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:51 am
When I open the Neutron on my phone (Samsung, Galaxy S23 ultra which runs Android 13), the app starts scanning files automatically. However, this process doesn't work properly. It gets error and no files are show in my library. Then I try to scan files manually, The button of any directory is red out and says "Error has occurred". If I register the directory again, the file is scanned properly and I can listen the music. But I close the app and open it again, there is the error again.

I did not have this problems on my previous phone which runs Android 12. And I tried the apk version which is for Android 10 or below. But that error is still there.
Could you tell us more about the location of the files and the source that's supposed to contain them ?

TAROU

Post by TAROU » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:40 pm

blaubär wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:29 pm
TAROU wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:51 am

Could you tell us more about the location of the files and the source that's supposed to contain them ?
The location of the files is "/strage/emulated/0/Music" on the apk version and "content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/primary:Music" on the playstore version. Galaxy S23 ultra doesn't have SD card slot, so I only use internal storage. I tried another directory, but the problem still there. So the problem happens any directory of internal storage.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:57 pm

TAROU wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:40 pm
The location of the files is "/strage/emulated/0/Music" on the apk version and "content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/primary:Music" on the playstore version. Galaxy S23 ultra doesn't have SD card slot, so I only use internal storage. I tried another directory, but the problem still there. So the problem happens any directory of internal storage.
As I don't see obvious errors on your side, I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com and ask them how best to analyze further. Perhaps that's some Android-13- or S23-specific issue.