Streaming with my Dac limited with Neutron

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Gargouyee

Streaming with my Dac limited with Neutron

Post by Gargouyee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:24 pm

Hello to all of you,

I have been using Neutron for more than two years, on my good old Huawei P20 coupled with an Ifi blue Zen V2 in blutooth.

It has done me a lot of good, excellent sound quality and rendering.
I speak in the conditional, now it is an Arcom St 60 streamer that replaces the ifi for a much better sound and ethernet.
I use the usb port on the streamer for my DsD files readable up to 128. The sound of this dac is really wonderful but not with Neutron and I explain myself. Another external disk full of Hi Res files is connected to a small server that manages two usb ports.

I added on Neutron the output of my dac and it works but limited to 16/44, which is not very interesting, I tried to modify some parameters, without success and came here to find a solution but English is not my native language

What bothers me is that I found another paying software that accepts to stream me the sound in 96 Khz without counting BubbleUp.

I understood that it was perhaps necessary to modify certain data on the driver to be notified in "generic" but before doing anything, I come to be helped to preserve Neutron like software to stream my files Hi Res in 96 in upnp by a means or another, I am accustomed and I like to use it.
Thank you gentlemen, any help is welcome. I hope you understood me.

Gargouyee

Re: Streaming with my Dac limited with Neutron

Post by Gargouyee » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:50 pm

Finally, I only had to click on Generic to realize that Neutron is indeed the most audiophile Android player by far.
Why Neutron doesn't include this natively, I almost gave up on it for some stupid fear.
The story ends well.
Long live Neutron!

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:08 am

Good to hear that it works well for you !
As to your setup: you use the Neutron app on your Huawei P20 ... do you connect the output of the Huawei to the Arcam streamer, or do you stream from the Arcam to the Huawei ?

Gargouyee

Post by Gargouyee » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:40 pm

blaubär wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:08 am
Good to hear that it works well for you !
As to your setup: you use the Neutron app on your Huawei P20 ... do you connect the output of the Huawei to the Arcam streamer, or do you stream from the Arcam to the Huawei ?
First of all, thank you for your answer.
To answer you, I practice as before with the bluetooth module of the fi, I thus start from my P20 using Neutron, I go to seek my music in the library and I use the output of Arcom in streaming, recognized by Neutron.
For you, it is possible to use the Usb port of this Dac and send the stream on Neutron ?
I thought about it and looked into it, but I couldn't access the external hard drive connected to the Arcom by Neutron. :? :roll:
Is it normal when I am surfing the web that the music drops out for a while?
It doesn't if my phone is idle.
Thanks, just in case .... This is off topic but, after all, it is the consequence.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:08 am

Gargouyee wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:40 pm
Is it normal when I am surfing the web that the music drops out for a while?
It doesn't if my phone is idle.
No, it should work fine without delay or pause ... perhaps you should try to increase the parameters "buffer size" and "buffer preload" in "Settings > Network".

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:14 am

Gargouyee wrote:
[To answer you, I practice as before with the bluetooth module of the fi, I thus start from my P20 using Neutron, I go to seek my music in the library and I use the output of Arcom in streaming, recognized by Neutron.
If I understand you correctly, you've got your music stored on the "Ifi", the Neutron app is installed on the Huawei and uses the Ifi as source, the output of the Neutron app is streamed to the "Arcam" ( Ifi -> Huawei+Neutron -> Arcam ) ... or is it the other way round ?
Gargouyee wrote:
For you, it is possible to use the Usb port of this Dac and send the stream on Neutron ?
"This Dac" is the Ifi or the Arcam ?