Latest (end of May 2023) version in Play Store but not as Generic on website

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
dgirau

Latest (end of May 2023) version in Play Store but not as Generic on website

Post by dgirau » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:47 pm

Hi,

Contrary to the usual situation, a new version has been in the Play Store for a few days, but it doesn't appear as generic on the website, which is frustrating when choosing to stick to it to get easier filesystem navigation.

Thanks in avance!

Dan

WitzyZed

Re: Latest (end of May 2023) version in Play Store but not as Generic on website

Post by WitzyZed » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:49 pm

All of the releases on the website are listed as 2.22.1, and they are the same version as on GooglePlay.

Key insight: my DAP, running android 5.1.1, uses the ARMv7+NEON package (generic) from the website.

Update appeared on GooglePlay on that device, which was installed (sans NEON, as is the case). Website apk was successfully installed over the installed GooglePlay version (as one in my position must do). This would not be possible if the website version was older than the GooglePlay version. It would flat out tell me 'App Not Installed' if that were the case.

dgirau

Re: Latest (end of May 2023) version in Play Store but not as Generic on website

Post by dgirau » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, reinstalling the latest apk from the website worked, the App Store doesn't list a pending upgrade any more.

Problem is solved!