Neutron stopped recognize CUE

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Evogel

Neutron stopped recognize CUE

Post by Evogel » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:10 am

Hi everyone !

I'm user of Neutron for 3 years. Sometimes i had problems with CUE files before but today due to some unknown bug player become totally unusable.

I have updated media library and suddenly all CUE tracks disappeared. Now i see only one big track in every folder without song's separation.
First of all i rescanned source, hasn't helped.
Second, i deleted source and added it again, hasn't helped.
Third, i cleared cache and uninstalled neutron and installed again, hasn't helped.
Fourth, i have tried to add separate particular folders to media library instead of adding one huge "Music" folder, hasn't helped.

So right now Neutron doesn't recognize not a single CUE file on my phone. I haven't changed anything on folders, it's the same music that i have listened before, all CUE files are the same. It's just before the same version of Neutron was able to recognize them and now it can't.
Neutron version is the one that is Play Market now, 2.22.1.

Update: i have tried generic version from website and now everything works again ! What a mysterious app !

Do i get it right that is better not to use Google play version then ?

Thank you.

blaubär

Re: Neutron stopped recognize CUE

Post by blaubär » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:10 am

Evogel wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:10 am
I have updated media library and suddenly all CUE tracks disappeared.
[...]
It's just before the same version of Neutron was able to recognize them and now it can't.
[...]
Update: i have tried generic version from website and now everything works again ! What a mysterious app !
[...]
Do i get it right that is better not to use Google play version then ?
Generally everything should work well with both versions. There are some restriction with SAF. Was there perhaps an os-update on your device after you last scanned the cue-files ? That might explain the timing. Not the inability to scan cue-files, that should work. The cue-files are located inside a regular ( and in the case of Android 11+ SAF ) source ? Perhaps there's something with the character set or format ? Feel free to share a link here or ask neutronmp@gmail.com .