[INVESTIGATING] neutron not scanning music correctly

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: [INVESTIGATING] neutron not scanning music correctly

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:03 am

Hi! Silfverberg. It looks like there are references to non-existing music files in Neutron's database. It results in: Neutron stopped playing and i had to manually choose the next track.

What you need is to:
Neutron UI -> Library screen (top-level) -> scroll to Sources and tap on it -> either:
1) off/on Refresh button on each source entry
or
2) long-press on each source entry and press RESCAN button.

There is no need to uninstall/install player when you are moving files. Also uninstallation does not always result in clean install, you need to make sure that folder: /sdcard/Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp is deleted.

silfverberg

Post by silfverberg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 am

hey dimtry
thx for the fast replay, but:
thhis is an issue, but a minor one. i posted this here, because my major problem is the same as the other users have: no matter what i do (recopy files, FORMAT sd, reinstall neutron, re encode aiffs..), neutron does not find all files, 7 out of 25, to be precise. and always the same ones, thats why i thought it coul be the files fault...
itis really depressing, because i only work with aiff, beeing a traktor dj, and i don't want to convert into mp3, since i'm using neutron to listen to new tracks, and replace them after a short time...
please an old apk would be perfect, for the time beeing...
and besides all this, your player does really not fit my design tast, but is IS THE BEST! :)
cheers,
lorenz

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:36 am

Hi Lorenz! This is strange that not all files found. Do you have files which are not found existing in the same folder/location as those which are found? May I have one file as example for study to neutronmp@gmail.com?

silfverberg

Post by silfverberg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 am

its the same story as sg1969 and the other users have in this topic. as the files are very big (100mb+), i can send to you by means of google drive, so you can check?

silfverberg

Post by silfverberg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:26 am

i uploaded the files, can i pm you the link?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:32 am

Yes indeed, would you please e-mail link to neutronmp@gmail.com

htom

Post by htom » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 am

I've had a recent problem as well. This was with a downloaded album of 24/96 WAV files. What I get is that the ALBUMS database seems to be missing the entry (which has its own subdirectory under the artist name directory) but I can find it under ALL FOLDERS. As the files play back fine compatibility doesn't seem to be a problem, but repeated refreshes of the database do not change the situation. The subdirectory is not being ignored, at least as far as I can tell.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 am

htom, what about tags of your WAVs. The problem with WAV is that this format is not well designed for metadata and most probably it is just missing necessary information? The best way to overcome this problem is to re-encode it to FLAC may be? Just with the same format 24/96 and correct metadata of converted files. FLAC is lossless and thus there won't be any change in quality. Another approach to convert to AIFF which is similar to WAV but may contain ID3 tags and can be easily tagged with iTunes app.

rmalone

Post by rmalone » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:00 am

I'm having a similar problem just installed today I had only about 100 songs. I have a new thread right above this. I went from 9 albums to 2 and now 0. It looks like its scanning but for less time and well nothing ends up loading up?

mkosma

Post by mkosma » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:04 am

I am experiencing a similar problem. In my case, I have some albums that show up under ALBUM browse but not ARTIST. For example, I can find Beck's Modern Guilt and The Information albums under Songs, and under Albums, but there is no entry for Beck under Artists.

If I go into FOLDERS I see Rock, and if I go into Rock, I see "Beck" with 2 folders (2 albums) and 25 songs.

If I long-press on the first track, Neutron tells me:

Title: Orphans
Artist: Beck
Album: Modern Guilt
Genre: Rock
Folder: /extSdCard/Music/Rock/Beck/[2008] Modern Guilt
File: 01 Orphans.m4a
Duration: 00:03:16.024
Format: FMT<alac>
Channels: 2
Bits: 16
Frequency: 44100 Hz