Font and display length

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
bellyman

Font and display length

Post by bellyman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:21 am

First off I wanted to say the recent player UI enhancements are great. Very clean and great to look at. I especially love the ability to click the entry below and it takes you back to the proper source path to start the music - huge!!!!!! (if that was there before then I must have missed it).

Unrelated to this support issue - in full screen - I love not seeing the Android clutter at the top. IMO two things matter to me - (a) the time and (b) the battery life. A possible additional separate option to somehow add this in F/S mode would be handy.

I download radio shows and merely copy over to the device - and as you can see in the pictures in either mode the length is so long that I cannot figure out which file is which (there is an episode number attached). Now in fairness I somehow always go by "folder" and not but "artist". When I went into the artist the names now start with the episode - as it is reading the tags from the file into your DB.

But regardless - two issues really (A) that the font size does not appear to be adjustable and (B) in landscape one might expect more letters but instead it isn't much better. But this really doesn't apply to "folder names" per se. I am seeing this issue everywhere - albums/artists/song names. In some places (not all) when you click the item - such as Song via Album it shows "FILE" at the top and "Title" with very small lettering - readable. But many times in other places you press/hold and it shows the name at the top and likewise you cannot read the rest.

In a mail app - Aquamail when you adjust the "sound" it increases/decreases the font. Obviously in the player we always want that to be the volume. However, I am wondering if you could have a basic zoom / font adjust feature that literally shows a % difference but maintains the fonts in every other respect. Even the smallest of fonts - the phone screen quality on the S3 is amazing and you can read anything. Slight bother having a larger font in the player and unable to read everything.
Portrait
Portrait
Screenshot_2013-08-15-23-44-30.jpg (81.83 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
Landscape
Landscape
Screenshot_2013-08-15-23-46-20.jpg (61.67 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
Anyahoo -- regardless, thank you for all your work on this app and keep the updates coming Dmitry!
Cheers!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Font and display length

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:41 am

Thank you for your kind thoughts!

I put ability to modify font scale into to-do.

As to clock/battery level in top panel in Neutron's UI it probably may be possible once it will become possible to customize what items are visible in the top panle: sleep timer, wake timer, rg, lyrics.

Moving this thread to the Development as more related by subject.