Bind Crossfeed Preset to Albums?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Fahrenheit

Bind Crossfeed Preset to Albums?

Post by Fahrenheit » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:20 am

Hello

I'm just wondering if it's possibile to bind a Crossfeed Preset to an Album, as it happens for EQ ...

if not, I think it would be a nice feature to add: the degree of crossfeed I like changes from
album to album, and it's rather boring to set it every time I switch to a different disc :roll:

cheers, Ste

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Bind Crossfeed Preset to Albums?

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi Ste,

I will put it into to-do for a review. May be assigning it as preset to Album/Folder (similar to EQ preset) makes sense.

Regards,
Dmitry.

Sputeen

Post by Sputeen » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:03 pm

Surely it makes more sense to bind Crossfeed and/or Surround Sound to a Frequency Response Correction Profile?
I would want Crossfeed when my Sony Bluetooth Headphone Profile is triggered.
But I would want Surround Sound (not crossfeed) when my car Bluetooth connection was detected.

If I bind Crossfeed to Dark Side of the Moon, what happens when I listen to the album on my living room Hifi?

Crossfeed is for headphones.
Regards
Steve

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:08 pm

You can bind a profile to a device, and afaik in the profile the crossfeed/surround is included.

Sputeen

Post by Sputeen » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:53 pm

"You can bind a profile to a device, and afaik in the profile the crossfeed/surround is included."

I don't see it in there.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:00 pm

How do you look ? I've got two profiles, "Default" and "Bit-perfect". The first has crossfeed activated, the second hasn't. Switching the profiles changes the activation status of crossfeed accordingly.

Sputeen

Post by Sputeen » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:58 pm

I'm talking about Playback->DSP Effect->Frequency Response Correction

In there are the settings for my OnePlus Buds Pro. That's automatically selected when I use those for listening.

In my book "Crossfeed" (back one level) should be bound to those headphone devices somehow. I shouldn't need to be switching it on and off manually when I change to something else, say, listening in my car with a different Preset (default 4-band Parametric in this case).

So the "Crossfeed" parameters should be bound to the preset in some way.
Likewise with "Surround Sound", I want to be able to bind that to a preset, not change it manually.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:44 pm

The status of the crossfeed option is part of the profile.

Sputeen

Post by Sputeen » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:02 pm

EQ screen shows "Surround" when I'm using regular speakers, and "Crossfeed" when I'm using headphones. Great.

DSP EFFECT screen shows both Crossfeed and Surround buttons are active all the time - headphones or speakers.

So what does this mean, is it switching as the EQ screen suggests, or are Crossfeed and Surround on all the time as indicated in the DSP EFFECT screen?

When you say the status of Crossfeed is shown in the Profile - which profile are you referring to? Please name the screen and how you get there.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:09 pm

Sputeen wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:02 pm
When you say the status of Crossfeed is shown in the Profile - which profile are you referring to? Please name the screen and how you get there.
I didn't say that. I said that it is included in every profile.