Playback controls in the Notification Bar

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
patokadonald

Playback controls in the Notification Bar

Post by patokadonald » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:58 pm

I was wondering if you can implement playback controls in the notification bar coz right now when playing music there is only the option to stop the music in the notifications and not to go to the previous or next song. Righ now if I'm in the browser or another app I have either to go to the homescreen and use the Neutron widget or slide down the notification bar and go to Neutron player but it will be pretty sweet if I can just slide down the notification bar and change the song there.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Playback controls in the Notification Bar

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Yes I also think it will be more convenient. At a times of initial development of notification those Android OS versions did not support buttons in notification bar but now they do and I will implement extended notification with controls.

What OS version do you have? I got button working only on ICS for Galaxy S2 but on earlier versions it was just static icon.

patokadonald

Post by patokadonald » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:56 am

I'm using CM9 ICS on my Galaxy S.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:25 am

Ok. Then it looks like starting from ICS buttons in notification started working.

patokadonald

Post by patokadonald » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:53 pm

10x for adding this in the latest version. The buttons in the notification work flawlessly. They are a little bit on the small side though and sometimes I may accidently hit next to them and get straight to the player but that's a minor gripe.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:00 pm

:) Yes, sorry for small buttons but stock player is not using standard notification API and thus it can have bigger section if you noticed it. This is not accessible for non-system Android app and thus I had that much of space which is allocated for standard notification. I was playing with placement and this is the best I could do. Making bigger buttons would decrease readability of tags. But okay, at least we have any buttons there ;)

TYA

Post by TYA » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:16 am

On GB 2.3.5 even cant fause the track at status bar, it jump to main scr when touching

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:27 am

On 2.3.5 version there won't be any interactive buttons. You will see notification with album art + 3 lines of tags (title + album + artist). Thus touching it will lead to Neutron UI. Interactive notification will appear in ICS and higher that is 4.0 (4.0.3) version of Android OS. Only since ICS Google enabled support for buttons in notifications.