New widget

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
patokadonald

New widget

Post by patokadonald » Sun May 06, 2012 1:47 am

Can you make a new widget possibly 4x2 or 4x3 if you think it'll be better like the neutron mini widget. On wider phones like the Galaxy Note for instance the Neutron controls widget isn't very comfortable to use as it is very hard to reach the "previous" button - that's why I like the Neutron mini one but it would be nice if there was a bigger version with all the info that the Neutron display widgets give you. So, generally I request for a widget that has the track, album and artist info and possibly a little bigger control buttons, which are still in the lower right part of widget, so it's easier to use them - I don't care about the size of the album cover

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: New widget

Post by dmitrykos » Mon May 07, 2012 9:39 am

What about using 4x1 widget - Neutron Display (4x1) and stacking it with Neutron Controls (4x1)? When stacked they will give you 4x2. The same concerns 4x4: Neutron Display (4x3) + Neutron Controls (4x1).

patokadonald

Post by patokadonald » Mon May 07, 2012 12:48 pm

well, stacking Widgets is not an issue - I've done it but as I said the neutron controls widget isn't very comfortable to use on bigger screens with one hand. that's why I was wondering if you can make a new widget like the neutron mini with the controls in the lower right corner of the widget, so it's easier to use with one hand but to have all the info the display Widgets have. right now I have to stick the display widget to the mini widget and I get a big clutter of double track info

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue May 08, 2012 9:26 am

Thank you for the clarification. So you mean that small buttons as in Neutron Mini (4x1) are more convenient for you on big screen. The problem is that in Android widgets and widget management consume resources CPU and memory. Thus I am not willing to add more and more of them as it will make their management too bulky and resource hungry. I will think about adding mini controls in future versions.

patokadonald

Post by patokadonald » Wed May 09, 2012 12:42 am

Ok, thanks. Yeah, mini controls widget will do the job - or even the same controls widget you have now but with the controls to the right and closer together. I guess the best way will be to make the Neutron widgets freely resizable and I mean not just resizing and cropping the images and stuff but like the Youtube and some other app widgets where you can enlarge or make the widgets the exact size you want them and they adjust to that size. Of course, I have no idea how hard is to make freely adjustable widgets and not many apps have them but that will be the optimal solution while keeping the overall count of the widgets in Neutron to minimum

patokadonald

Post by patokadonald » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:44 pm

By the way the new now the widgets resize a little bit better, so I was able to put together something that I like how it looks and is more usable for me.