id3v2.4 multiple tag support

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Neutralizer

id3v2.4 multiple tag support

Post by Neutralizer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi,
would like to see proper multiple tag support. As things stand, although id3v2.4 is supported, indexing of multiple tags could be better. For example, if the following tags (both) exist in a .mp3 or .flac file (and there is no DISPLAY ARTIST):

ARTIST A
ARTIST B

neutron indexes artist "A; B" instead of both A and B on their own.
Someone has already requested the same thing for the most common case which is multiple genres.
It would be nice for full indexing to be implemented for all tags that can be multiple according to the id3v2.4 standard (artist, genre and composer are the ones used by neutron for now, another is conductor).

Stunwst

Re: id3v2.4 multiple tag support

Post by Stunwst » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:58 pm

I would love be this too thanks for considering

Andy22

Post by Andy22 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:30 am

Yes please add this feature, multi genre support is the biggest feature i still miss.

QuadraKev

Post by QuadraKev » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:46 am

I also would greatly appreciate the development of multiple tags support. I have most of my music tagged with more than 1 genre tag, separated by a semicolon delimiter.
Last edited by QuadraKev on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

QuadraKev

Post by QuadraKev » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:54 am

Any chance of this functionality being implemented?

Neutralizer

Post by Neutralizer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:25 pm

I noticed there is a degrade in support on this matter. Even some things that used to work some versions ago, are now messed up. My 10000+ song library is carefully tagged using id3v2.4.

Some versions ago, although not recognizing multiple tags, Neutron used to get the basic tags right. Now it's all messed up. There are files that even the album artist is mixed up with the conductor, or release year (!), or not read at all, when in fact all the tags are right and read by other programs.

Neutron is great sound quality, but sorry to say sucks at tag reading.

Please take a look at the matter cause it doesn't look good. Many audiophiles rely on proper tagging and display of tags.

DavidEi

Genre Multi-tag support

Post by DavidEi » Fri May 29, 2020 3:30 pm

Add support for multiple Genre tags for the same song/album. This could be accomplished by splitting the Genre tag on a separator. The user should be able to set the default separator string, since there are several common separators in use. MP3Tag uses '\\', WinAmp uses ';'. I would expect the song/album to show up in all the specified genres. Thanks

I've had to switch from Neutron to Foobar2000 on my Android since Neutron lacks this feature, even though I like Neurtron better.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri May 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Then let's generalize this : we'd like to have a configurable set of characters each of which acts as a separator when it occurs in a configurable list of tags. The scanner should read the separated values and treat each of them as a single new tag. A very special character should exist for masking.

Example :

list of tags = { genre, artist }
list of separators = { /, & }
mask character = \

Then we'd expect the scanner to do as follows :

genre = "Jazz / Classic" -> { "Jazz", "Classic" }
artist = "A & B \& C\\D" -> { "A", "B & C\D" }

Romi25

Post by Romi25 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:41 pm

+1. Would also find this feature very useful :-)
\\ Is indeed I think the official way doing so, but It also be nice to support ; - which is also quite common (so "Rock; Hard-Rock" for example).