PLAY NEXT function

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
schnoetz

Re: PLAY NEXT function

Post by schnoetz » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:12 pm

I know, it's been a long time since this topic has been discussed, but might there still be a chance to get that PLAY NEXT function implemented? I hope I'm not the only one who misses this feature...

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:54 pm

schnoetz wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:12 pm
I know, it's been a long time since this topic has been discussed, but might there still be a chance to get that PLAY NEXT function implemented? I hope I'm not the only one who misses this feature...
What exactly do you miss ? The queue can be used to interrupt a tracklist and play a song ( or multiple songs ) and then resume the tracklist. And the tracklist has got a button to manually resume playing where you left off.

schnoetz

Post by schnoetz » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:51 pm

What I miss is the possibility to fill in a song into a currently running playlist/album/whatever, so that it neither starts immediately (which is what happens when you turn "Autoplay" on) nor is put to the end of the list (that's what happens if you turn "Autoplay" off).
I hope I could make myself clear, and I think it is the same thing that the author of the original post had in mind.
Anyway, thank you for your quick response!

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:33 am

Thank you for the clarification.

That could perhaps be done with another option to the queue settings, let's call it "autoplay-after-finish". When it is activated and a track is added to the empty queue, the playing of the queue wouldn't start immediately, but does start after the currently playing track has finished.

Another way to get this might be to have an function "add to the top of the queue". Then those who generally use the queue for playing could do this that way.

Right now you could do this if you used the queue for playing, add the songs that you want to play, and if need be reorder the queue.

schnoetz

Post by schnoetz » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:19 pm

Yes, that's true, it could be done by using the queue, provided that it's not too long. If the queue is very long, your first suggesetion ("autoplay after finish") would be very useful.