partial rescan of a single source or better refresh

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
blaubär

partial rescan of a single source or better refresh

Post by blaubär » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:45 am

Problem : On my PC ( Windows 10 1903, 500 GB HDD ) I've got a single directory with some 200 GB ( 2 K directories with 25 K files ) of music. After maintaining the tags of one artist, which I do regularly, I have to rescan the whole source, which takes about 20 minutes. A refresh on the source doesn't detect the changes, although the dates of the files have been updated. So it seems the refresh only detects new or deleted directories and files but not updated ones.

Proposal : either rework the refresh so that it detects updated directories and files or add a functionality to rescan a single folder with its subfolders.

jorgemvo

Add option to update certain Artists/Album ID3 Tag when changed

Post by jorgemvo » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:10 am

Everytime I find an album, artist, track id3 tag wrong, after I've corrected it, I have to do a full rescan of the source to fully update those changes.
If it's a local folder, even if it's too big, it's not a big issue. But if it's a network folder it can take up to several hours to fully rescan.

Could there be a way, a button or something like that in an album options, that we could use only to update those tag changes?

blaubär

Re: partial rescan of a single source or better refresh

Post by blaubär » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:58 am

I merged the topics. My workaround : rename the directory, then the refresh finds it and it is read completely because it is a new directory. If need be rename back afterwards ( which of course will trigger another refresh ).

jorgemvo

Re: partial rescan of a single source or better refresh

Post by jorgemvo » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:47 pm

blaubär wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:58 am
I merged the topics. My workaround : rename the directory, then the refresh finds it and it is read completely because it is a new directory. If need be rename back afterwards ( which of course will trigger another refresh ).
Great idea! Thanks!
But eventually, if possible, the refresh only certain album would be great.