Request: Different look for different playlists

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Alberto

Re: Request: Different look for different playlists

Post by Alberto » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:44 am

Thank you for your support but I think in my workflow this doesn't work.
I regularly backup iTunes from Mac to Apple Music on my iPod Touch 7. Gen..
And Neutron just syncs the content of Apple Music App.
(... i would not know where to find the file path you mentioned in iOS)
I have hundreds of playlists, playlist folders, smart playlists.

how it shows in iTunes on Mac:
Calo iTunes.png
Calo iTunes.png (16.03 KiB) Viewed 902 times
the same in Neutron on iPod Touch:
IMG_0199.jpeg
IMG_0199.jpeg (30.66 KiB) Viewed 902 times

Caelin1

Re: Request: Different look for different playlists

Post by Caelin1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:34 am

Ok. I see now that you would need to go into each playlist and add an image to do my previous method (assuming you figured out where these are in your device).

My next, and likely last, price of advice is a bit of a stretch. It'll work, it's just that it may require lots of outside work since Neutron just doesn't have this ability (you can also definitely try writing to the developer, he's responsive in my experience, and asking for this to be implemented. More direct than what this thread may be). This'll definitely require some computer skills, which I don't know if you have, so I'll assume you do or at least want to.

What you can try doing next is:
(easier) find a program that will automatically place a certain photo file in each folder of a certain playlist type. This will make Neutron display a certain photo for each type of playlist
- or -
(harder) extract the info in your playlist file and convert it into a folder of songs. The playlist file will already have the directory of each song, too. If you do this route, just remember you'll also have to make Neutron ignore each additional copy of song.

A bit far-fetched, I know, but I told you it would be. I just don't know any other way that will work... Emailing the dev would be an easier idea, but likely take longer to come around.

Best of luck