Remote control?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Necro

Re: Remote control?

Post by Necro » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:11 pm

^^^
Yes you are right, but there are some cases where this is not possible. For example, I have a xiaomi m9t pro which have no SD card reader (as many high level smartphone, because brand choices), but my music is in 1tb SD Card!! In this case your are not able to use the smartphone as renderer. Yes you can change the smartphone as well... :)

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:44 pm

You can set up a media server which hosts the data, then use the smartphone (without SD card) as renderer.

rossani

Post by rossani » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:09 pm

I don't doubt that is correct, but I have many Gb's of tracks and it takes Neutron a long time to refresh the media library, whereas it's a much quicker task for the PC and then to run the renderer from there

Caelin1

Post by Caelin1 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:07 am

New idea for remote control:
Windows computers and Android phones have the capability of linking together. As I type this post, I am using my laptop's keybaord to type on my Android phone.

Android > notification center (or settings) > Link to Windows PC > go on your laptop and open "Your Phone". You may need to download the app. Open, then accept all the permissions and such, then click (or touch) the 3 lines at the top of the PC app, then the phone screen (Open Phone Screen, will be a pic of your wallpaper).

From here, you can control everything on the phone. This includes Neutron!

Oh the power of Android's 😍
Attachments
Note the three lines at top, wallpaper of phone
Note the three lines at top, wallpaper of phone
The 'Your Phone' app.jpg (6.36 KiB) Viewed 3704 times

theSplund

Post by theSplund » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:02 am

For reference/suggestion etc: the FiiO player has the abiltiy to be remotely controlled with its 'Fiio Link' - here's a review:
https://porta-fi.com/fiio-link-a-first-look/