No Library shown in the Car (Android)

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Grossmeister_T

No Library shown in the Car (Android)

Post by Grossmeister_T » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:43 am

Hello,
Sorry, I did not find a thread concerning about this.

I recently bought the Neutron App for Android in the Play Store and I like it very much.

The Problem now is, when used in the car per Bluetooth, there is no library shown at all.

With Poweramp I had a Problem that seemed to be similar. The developer told me to activate the "Now Playing List for Connected Devices/Apps" in the "Misc" Section. Is there a workaround for Neutron, too?

Greetings

PS: It is not Android Auto, it is BMW with the normal Bluetooth Function to make Phone Calls and listen to the music on the Phone...

blaubär

Re: No Library shown in the Car (Android)

Post by blaubär » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:36 pm

I just read your poweramp topic . Do I understand correctly : you have both Neutron and its data located on your phone, send the processed music via BT to the car, and would like the car not only to amplify and transduce the music but also to show the song information, album art etc on its display ?

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Grossmeister_T wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:43 am
PS: It is not Android Auto, it is BMW with the normal Bluetooth Function to make Phone Calls and listen to the music on the Phone...
sorry, I overlooked that when I first read your post :) so you generally can control or want to control the Neutron instamce on your phone from the car

Grossmeister_T

Post by Grossmeister_T » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Yes,

- Neutron and Data on Smartphone (Oneplus 7T)
- sending music via Bluetooth
- file directory for the to change of the song

Now, with Poweramp I see the whole SD Card (300Gb). I can see and choose every Song via Car Display.
Last edited by Grossmeister_T on Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossmeister_T

Post by Grossmeister_T » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:09 pm

blaubär wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:01 pm
Grossmeister_T wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:43 am
so you generally can control or want to control the Neutron instamce on your phone from the car
Yes, that's right.

Grossmeister_T

Post by Grossmeister_T » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:10 pm

Sorry, when I take Poweramp as reference, but like this it is easier to explain for me. Greetings

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:11 pm

I found this topic:
dustymckrusty wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:19 am
Been using neutron for a while and love it.
But out of nowhere one day the controls for my cars Bluetooth stopped working with neutron and the song info won't show. The music will still play but I have to use my phone to change tracks.but, what's even stranger is it does this 9 out of 10 times I use the app while driving. I have to disconnect and reconnect from the cars settings several times for the controls to become active. Sometimes even deleting the phone from the car and re-installing is necessary. Not sure if a new update caused this or if I have to change the settings in the app somewhere. The other phone used by a different driver works with no issues. I have to have her turn off her Bluetooth since it will autoconnect to her phones itunes while mine is playing and cut mine out. Hopefully someone here knows what's going on and can help me out. Thanks
He seems to be able to get it working with multiple disconnects/connects. Generally it seems to work. Unfortunately he didn't tell us if he solved the problem.

Grossmeister_T

Post by Grossmeister_T » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:56 pm

So, in other words this should be possible to do as I thought. Anyone else an idea?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:51 am

To support current play queue (track list) over the Bluetooth connection Neutron needs an implementation for this API:

https://developer.android.com/reference ... .QueueItem>)

It has been added into to-do.

Grossmeister_T

Post by Grossmeister_T » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:58 am

Thank you very much! But then I wonder why other people do not have the same Problems?????? Just me????