Question about the Android APP

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Docc

Question about the Android APP

Post by Docc » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:19 pm

Hello,
I search for a Music player for my Note 10+. I noticed that the Neutron App supports a few External DACs. But the Qudelix 5K is not on the list.
90% of the time i use it via BT connection. But it would be nice if the player would also support the 5K if it is connected via USB.
Any chance that the 5K will be supported in the future?
And i want to ask if the APP support Auto make up Gain?
Thanks in advance for your help!

blaubär

Re: Question about the Android APP

Post by blaubär » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:29 am

Docc wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:19 pm
Any chance that the 5K will be supported in the future?
Feel free to ask neutronmp@gmail.com about that.
Docc wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:19 pm
And i want to ask if the APP support Auto make up Gain?
What exactly would that be supposed to do ? The compressor's gain can be set with "Output Gain, dB", and if you don't want any headroom with the highest input level you can decrease "Ratio, N:1" until that has vanished.

com-gain.jpg
com-gain.jpg (24.68 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
com-ratio.jpg
com-ratio.jpg (18.43 KiB) Viewed 2393 times

Docc

Post by Docc » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:06 am

Here is a short clip explaining Make up Gain. I think it explaines it better than i would be able to to here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mGak202ExA

And thanks for the Mail address. Will send a message and ask about the Qudelix 5K.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:53 am

Docc wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:06 am
Here is a short clip explaining Make up Gain.
Okay, so you want an automatic gain normalization for the equalizer. Do you know Neutron's "normalization" feature ?

normal.jpg
normal.jpg (35.49 KiB) Viewed 2379 times

Docc

Post by Docc » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Ah ok. So you would have to analyze the tracks before with your EQ settings set and then it normalizes the tracks.
Thats at least something. On my PC i use this feature to setup my EQ for different IEMs and Music types. It is much more easy when the gain is normalized on the fly. You can hear the effect much more easy/clear (like you can see in the Video).
I hope that Qudelix maybe adds this feature in their 5K App. Untill then i try to find an Music player app that can do it.
But i do not know if the DAC of a normal Phone can do it.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:28 pm

Docc wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:43 pm
It is much more easy when the gain is normalized on the fly.
Well, what do you need the EQ for ? Neutron is a music player not a mixing deck. Do you change it for every album/track ? Most people create some presets ( eq presets to change the sound and frc presets to mitigate shortcomings with the sound transducers ) and then use these. In these typical use cases there's litle need for "on the fly" checks.

Docc

Post by Docc » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:16 pm

blaubär wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:28 pm
Docc wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:43 pm
It is much more easy when the gain is normalized on the fly.
Well, what do you need the EQ for ? Neutron is a music player not a mixing deck. Do you change it for every album/track ? Most people create some presets ( eq presets to change the sound and frc presets to mitigate shortcomings with the sound transducers ) and then use these. In these typical use cases there's litle need for "on the fly" checks.
You are right there. But to create these presets the auto gain funktion helps a lot. This way you can much more easy hear what a EQ setting change makes. Without you also have a volume chnage and this makes it much much harder to determin what the IEM needs to sound really good.
But like you said, when the preset is ready i also use it without changing too much.