Best Hardware Audio Settings for iPhone lightning dongle?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Kraig

Post by Kraig » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:03 pm

I Recently bought DD hifi tc35 pro dongle. And it has automatic amp gain switcher, that set into “low gain” mode, when low impedance iems are plugged. Is there any option to turn it into “high gain” mode for extra loudness?

blaubär

Re: Best Hardware Audio Settings for iPhone lightning dongle?

Post by blaubär » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:43 pm

Kraig wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:03 pm
I Recently bought DD hifi tc35 pro dongle. And it has automatic amp gain switcher, that set into “low gain” mode, when low impedance iems are plugged. Is there any option to turn it into “high gain” mode for extra loudness?
Do you ask whther an option in Neutron or a switch in the device exists ? If I understand the ddHiFi TC35 Pro Tetris / Eye / Mountain Review
All three TC35 Pro USB DAC/Amplifier Adaptors do feature an Automatic Headphone Impedance Detection. This helps the device to detect the impedance of the connected headphone and lets the TC35 Pro switch between Low and High Gain modes. When high-impedance is detected, TC35 Pro will automatically switch to High Gain mode.

Please note that it is recommended to connect the TC35 Pro to the earphone first and then connect it to the source device.
correctly, then the device automatically adapts to the phones. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the audio source. So if there is a switch to override the automatic it would be on the device.

Kraig

Post by Kraig » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:45 pm

The dongle sets gain automatically, depending on iem impedance. But it’s only a program restriction, and hardware are capable to output almost double
power.

I think DDs dongle not the first and not the last with this weird option. So it would be nice to create a command in Neutron “audio hardware” menu, that can control gain settings manualy.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:26 pm

Kraig wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:45 pm
So it would be nice to create a command in Neutron “audio hardware” menu, that can control gain settings manualy.
You mean something more than the options currently available with Direct USB Access.

20211030_182601.jpg
20211030_182601.jpg (81.28 KiB) Viewed 1948 times

Kraig

Post by Kraig » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:43 pm

blaubär wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:26 pm
You mean something more than the options currently available with Direct USB Access.
It seems so.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:45 pm

Then let's move this topic into the Development forum and propose :
  • to analyze whether it would be possible and sensible to add further options to the Direct USB Access menu to fine tune the devices behaviour, especially with regard to gain modes and volume
  • if possible and sensible to implement it

Kraig

Post by Kraig » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:31 pm

blaubär wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:45 pm
Then let's move this topic into the Development forum and propose :
  • to analyze whether it would be possible and sensible to add further options to the Direct USB Access menu to fine tune the devices behaviour, especially with regard to gain modes and volume
  • if possible and sensible to implement it
Yes, that would be reasonable.

P.S
Actually I thought “hardware gain” were that I was looking for, but it’s rather “hardware volume control”

Kraig

Propose : create switcher for a gain mode of external USB DACs

Post by Kraig » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:13 am

If it’s possible- imply an option that will switch hardware gain mode of external usb DAC built in amplifier between “low gain” and “high gain”.

Currently I’m owning two USB DACs: Xduo Link 2 and DD HIFI TC35 PRO.
- Xduo gives 150 mW into 32 ohms and it’s to much for many iems, i never push volume bar further than 70% point. But that unused power still drains the battery of my smartphone a lot.
-From the other hand TC35 PRO much weaker, it gives only 62 mW into 32 ohms. But when you connect it with iems having impedance lower than 32 ohms, TC35 PRO automatically switching to the “low gain” and gives only 32 mW. That sometimes not enough for iems with sub 32 ohms impedance, so i want to squeeze from its built in amp all it can: 62 mW.