Speed Volume

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
forbigd

Speed Volume

Post by forbigd » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:08 pm

Hi all, my first post. I did a search for Speed Volume and found nothing, so I tried :)...

I love Neutron and have used it a long time. I like how it handles my 5.1 Flacs...

In my convertible the sound gets washed out once speed hits 30 and loses more and more the faster I go. Some cars have an option for adjusting the volume higher the faster you go. Can Neutron monitor the GPS and check speed and adjust volume accordingly? Perhaps an idea for a feature than would be invaluable to those on the road.

Thanks again for the fine player...

forbigd

blaubär

Re: Speed Volume

Post by blaubär » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:18 pm

Well, we could generalize the proposal : make the volume control optionally dependent on some sort of external data. Could be the level of outside noise, speed of the car, whatever.
The question would be whether this might not be better done with another specialized app : there are apps for volume control, and perhaps something like this is already possible.

forbigd

Post by forbigd » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:15 pm

I have tried a couple, they don't seem to work at all. I will keep trying.
I thought that GPS data could be used for speed (like dash cams use it for location and speed)
You just make a table where x speed equals + or - x db.

If I find one I will come back and share it.

forbigd

Post by forbigd » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Hi all, I did find a app that will allow me to set a volume for a speed. The faster I go, the louder I can make the music.
But it does not work in my configuration.
I used Neutron in the Car. It works great under Android Auto. But if I do use Android Auto, the volume slider on the phone does not work. I assume that is because you use the volume on the Car. The Speed Volume Tools adjust the main slider. As you go faster it goes up. But that has no effect when attached android auto. The display on the car for Neutron is great. I can do all I want with the cars control knob.
So I am stuck. Enjoy Neutron but keep adjusting the volume manually as I speed up and slow down in traffic, or connect it bluetooth, but then have to use the phones display to select and play music.
The way the car is designed, you put your phone in the tray laying down and it charges, and you connect android auto and don't touch the phone.
The way I see it, once I connect Android Auto, it is like a passthrough, where the music comes across at a set volume and the car works on it from there, no slider used.

Any ideas? Is there a way to make Neutron Play through Android Auto, yet have the slider work? I am also scouring the Android auto sites.

Thanks

Oh and here is the cool Speed/Volume app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_US&gl=US