Neutron Player for Windows 10. MTP devices support.

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
lp1641

Neutron Player for Windows 10. MTP devices support.

Post by lp1641 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:33 am

It would be great if the developer of the application added support for music from MTP devices, for example in the MusicBee player I can open music from my smartphone.
But I like Neutron better in terms of convenience and sound, so I would like the developer to think about support for MTP.

I will tell you in detail about my problem.
Not so long ago I purchased a player for Windows 10. On my android device it is also there. And I had a need to listen to music that is on the smartphone from my computer, but I realized that this is difficult to do because when adding sources, the smartphone connected via MTP is not displayed. I tried a less convenient way, via FTP, but there is also a problem with it, it is slower than USB and my router can change the IP address of the device on the network. Its then difficultAnd then when the router has already changed the IP of my smartphone on the network, if I change the IP of the FTP server in the player settings, the source that was scanned does not change it, it turns out that the server address has changed but on the scanned source remained the same as it was. It turns out that you need to re-scan all the files.

Perhaps there is some more convenient way that I do not know about, then please tell me if it is not difficult for you. Sorry for the correctness of the text, I use a translator.

blaubär

Re: Neutron Player for Windows 10. MTP devices support.

Post by blaubär » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:58 pm

OK, so
  • you use the Neutron app on Windows as music player
  • you want to access music from your smartphone's storage
  • the smartphone has an MTP server
  • you want to add a network source in the Neutron app on Windows that connects to the smartphone's MTP server
Correct ?

lp1641

Post by lp1641 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:47 am

1. +
2. +
3. MTP connection from smartphone to my PC or Laptop with Windows 10, via USB. Because new smartphones do not support connecting to a computer via USB as a storage device, but only via MTP.
4. As I understand it, connecting via USB using MTP is not a network source.

lp1641

Post by lp1641 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:56 am

https://i.vgy.me/8wMfKW.png
Here is an example. The player was unable to open the file from the smartphone.