Sync Neutron playlists on multiple devices?

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
fankyy

Sync Neutron playlists on multiple devices?

Post by fankyy » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:15 am

Is there a way to sync the playlists, including the 1- to 5 star rating playlist, to another device?

I sync my music files with the syncthing app from one phone to another and would like to have the same playlists on both devices, but the music folder paths differ on those phones (one is on external SD). Is that somehow possible, or could that be implemented?

Thanks & Greetings
fankyy

blaubär

Re: Sync Neutron playlists on multiple devices?

Post by blaubär » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:06 am

fankyy wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:15 am
Is there a way to sync the playlists, including the 1- to 5 star rating playlist, to another device?

I sync my music files with the syncthing app from one phone to another and would like to have the same playlists on both devices, but the music folder paths differ on those phones (one is on external SD). Is that somehow possible, or could that be implemented?
Not that I knew - I've moved the topic to the development forum.

fankyy

Post by fankyy » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Am I really the only one with that idea? It's quite a pain to always skip dozens of tracks on my car head unit where I use another phone/neutron installation.

There could be a function which exports the filenames or tags of every playlist to a single external xml/db file on google drive (or to a local path for custom sync solutions with e.g. syncthing) and an importing function on the other device which reads this plsync-ext file and restores the playlist names and their song order when it finds the same files/tags in the local/internal device db, independent from the music file/folder paths on each devices?

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:52 am

Yep , there might even be an option to read and write the complete configuration from and to some external location, should the os permit this.