Bind HW/SW Latency to Profile

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
WitzyZed

Bind HW/SW Latency to Profile

Post by WitzyZed » Sat May 28, 2022 2:38 pm

Seeing as most (if not all) Audio Hardware sub-menu options are bound to profiles, it would make sense for the values from Hardware Latency, Time and Software Latency, Time sliders to be tied to these profiles as well. My DAP needs different values for VU meter/spectrum/waveform to remain in sync on hardware outputs vs Bluetooth outputs. Thanks!

blaubär

Re: Bind HW/SW Latency to Profile

Post by blaubär » Sat May 28, 2022 4:30 pm

WitzyZed wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 2:38 pm
Seeing as most (if not all) Audio Hardware sub-menu options are bound to profiles, it would make sense for the values from Hardware Latency, Time and Software Latency, Time sliders to be tied to these profiles as well. My DAP needs different values for VU meter/spectrum/waveform to remain in sync on hardware outputs vs Bluetooth outputs. Thanks!
You're sure this isn't better optimized with "Settings > User Interface > Spectrum Analyzer > Delay" ?

WitzyZed

Post by WitzyZed » Sat May 28, 2022 5:38 pm

I can’t say it does the job better, rather it does not achieve the same result.
Setting Delay, Time (msec) to 340 in User Interface -> Spectrum Analyzer sub-menu does not achieve the same result as setting Hardware Latency, Time (msec) to 340.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat May 28, 2022 6:17 pm

Well, the two aren't supposed to do the same :) as I understand it ... which doesn't mean I really understand what the latency settings do :D but I would guess with these you tell Neutron to set an upper limit for certain delays. And with the Delay setting you tell Neutron to manually delay the spectrum to match the delayed sound. From what you want to achieve - spectrum synchronized with music - I would think the spectrum delay might be the more appropriate setting.