Please add a "FAVORITES" option in Panel and change the "Back Button"

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
DAPpower

Please add a "FAVORITES" option in Panel and change the "Back Button"

Post by DAPpower » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:36 pm

Hello, I'm probably asking too much, but it's no mystery that the UI of the Neutron Music Player still needs work. I love how snappy the player is and the tuning as well as the vast audio options,

but what about adding a "FAVORITES" section in the Panel Menu to you can manually add certain Albums and Tracks that you mark so you can quickly access these albums/tracks upon opening the Neutron Music Player app.

Is there also a way to change the function of the "Back Arrow" button from the android UI on the Neutron Music Player app? I'm looking for a setting to set the back function of the player to literally go back to the previous screen whether it is the Albums menu or the Artist menu, why does the back button currently exit out of the app? That part doesn't make sense to me.

blaubär

Re: Please add a "FAVORITES" option in Panel and change the "Back Button"

Post by blaubär » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:00 pm

DAPpower wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:36 pm
but what about adding a "FAVORITES" section in the Panel Menu to you can manually add certain Albums and Tracks that you mark so you can quickly access these albums/tracks upon opening the Neutron Music Player app.
Good idea! Also see filter or ratings for artists/folders/albums and Smart Playlists .

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:10 pm

DAPpower wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:36 pm
Is there also a way to change the function of the "Back Arrow" button from the android UI on the Neutron Music Player app? I'm looking for a setting to set the back function of the player to literally go back to the previous screen whether it is the Albums menu or the Artist menu, why does the back button currently exit out of the app? That part doesn't make sense to me.
Well, it works for the Neutron app on Windows when you use the ESC key, so it might be possible to do this for the Back-button on Android.

Edit: it also works on Android - as far as I see the Android back button does the same as the Neutron back button ( as does the ESC on Windows )

20220828_211541.jpg
20220828_211541.jpg (9.07 KiB) Viewed 1271 times

WitzyZed

Post by WitzyZed » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:48 pm

You can add the “Add to (Playlist)” button to the top panel menu, and neutron tends to remember and auto select the last playlist you added a song/album to, then you just hit the check mark and boom it’s added. It is basically a two click solution to getting a favorites list on the fly. Granted, I wish it was possible to drill down into the favorites by album-artist->album->tracks, it can otherwise be kind of a mess to scroll throw a few hundred songs with no easy order to it…