Unsynched Lyrics

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
rauschkind

Re: Unsynched Lyrics

Post by rauschkind » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:13 pm

blaubär wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:45 pm
Okay, then let's propose to change this :

Situation: when Neutron cannot interpret Lyrics, e.g. because it isn't in the required lrc-format, Neutron doesn't show it
Problem: showing nothing doesn't seem to be a particularly good solution
Proposal: if Neutron cannot interpret lyrics as lrc then show it as it is
sorry it took me so long but:

yes!!
only for UNSYNCED embedded lyrics of course. these should be interpreted as txt.

anyhow i think i might have found a bug with neutrons lyric plugin:
if any text section within one time stamp is to long, scrolling through the lyric will delete the screen content, ultimately resulting in a black screen. exiting the lyrics display module and reentering will fix this, but scrolling will reliably bring it back. it does not seem to matter if one or multiple time tags are used as long as they contain the same time, it will trigger this behaviour.

so spinning back to unsynced lyrics interpretation, i think to make it work well the module might have to work slightly different in this mode. from what i understand from my testings is that now, all formating done is by time stamps but not by text formating like tabs or line breaks. to make longer, unsynced lyrics useable it would be very nice if the lyrics plugin would use these for formating though, as otherwhise it would just result in an unreadable wall of text.

i am really happy with your reply! to be hornest, it took me so long to answer simply because i had very little hope at all to get a positive reply. thanks a lot!

Aurex

Unsynched Lyrics

Post by Aurex » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:22 am

Dear Forum,
i want to buy and use Neutron Player
but i must know if it supports mp3s with embedded unsynced lyrics.ò
All my nightshows are based with them.

It's a crucial feature for me (and ReplayGain feature)

Has it AU compatibility?

Thanks a lot for your reply

WitzyZed

Re: Unsynched Lyrics

Post by WitzyZed » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:51 am

Aurex wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:22 am
Dear Forum,
i want to buy and use Neutron Player
but i must know if it supports mp3s with embedded unsynced lyrics.ò
All my nightshows are based with them.

It's a crucial feature for me (and ReplayGain feature)

Has it AU compatibility?

Thanks a lot for your reply
There is a trial/evaluation version available (see on google play store or neutronmp.com).

As far as I know, ReplayGain tags are supported (just not the "prevent clipping according to peak" option in Foobar, or Poweramp for example).

Lyrics embedded in metadata and .lrc sidecar files are also supported. Feel free to try the trial to confirm it works for your specific files!