Feature request: Add grouping options (Files, Folders, Albums) to the Recently Played list

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
vvvbit

Feature request: Add grouping options (Files, Folders, Albums) to the Recently Played list

Post by vvvbit » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:01 am

It would be good to have grouping options in the Recently Played list:  Files(or Tracks), Folders, Albums.
"Files" should be the default setting for the list of recently played files as it is now. Pressing on the list item will switch to Playing Now screen with that track. Folders or Albums options will provide list of recently played folders or  albums, that list should be built from the played file list.  Pressing on the item in the folder list should switch to that folder in the folder browser. And from the list of recent albums we should be switched to Album browser with that album.
Such grouping options might be added to the Most Played list as well to get list of most played folders and albums.

I use "recently played list" quite often and in my usual scenario on the Playing screen I need to click on menu and then on Folder or Album and then press on track in that list, so Next/Previous buttons will switch tracks in the corresponding folder or album. Otherwise after coming from "Recently Played"  the button Next/Previous switches tracks within recently played list.

Thank you.