Volume control

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Volume control

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:01 pm

HW Gain slider is moving softly but it triggers same steps of gain changes as if you press device buttons. Gain changes once slider passes some area, treat it as split by 15 parts for example. This is due to Android OS API specifics (limitation) and can only change like this for HW.

As to Software Master Gain (not it is enabled through Audio Hardware settings screen by disabling HW Gain) and Preamp controls they have fine control possibility of any precision.

I will think how to add fine stepped controls for gain sliders anyway.

Joe Bloggs

Post by Joe Bloggs » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:07 am

Another method for fine control I've thought of is that if you drag on the slider, instead of the slider following your finger, it could go up or down in a slower manner, say 5dB of gain change per screen‘s worth or finger travel. Be best if you can drag from anywhere on the preamp bar (not just the slider itself) to anywhere on the screen above and below the bar, to avoid the problem where the slider is already near the bottom or top and there's no screen room for finger travel.

The same UI would be even more useful for allowing EQ bands centre frequency adjustment over 20-20kHz without the slider becoming too fiddly or having to enter numbers.

Although implementing might be difficult. Closest analogy in existing codebase would be some racing games where you can drag anywhere on the screen to make the car turn.

trondis23

Post by trondis23 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:24 pm

There is an app on the market called Fine Volume Control. This has a rotary knob, and can do volume increments in %, that is 100 steps. Check it out.

ombranera

Post by ombranera » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:08 am

trondis23 wrote:There is an app on the market called Fine Volume Control. This has a rotary knob, and can do volume increments in %, that is 100 steps. Check it out.
is there possibility with this app to set the volume step by step of 1% with the volume buttons? thanks

trondis23

Post by trondis23 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:22 am

Yes, it increments in steps of 1 % by using the volume buttons.

djcarpentier

Post by djcarpentier » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Old thread resurrection. Has their been any attempt to get a more fine volume control in Neutron? Using another third party app on top of it is just annoying. I noticed Poweramp has started to implement this. Please give this a shot as Neutron is far superior to Poweramp in my opinion.