USB Audio Interface - IOS Record

Support questions for Neutron Recorder only.
abear

USB Audio Interface - IOS Record

Post by abear » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi I just tried out the iOS version of the recorder. Judging by the twitter post I saw, iOS is a pretty new platform. So I can understand if the app isn't fully developed yet. So, I thought I'd share what I found after using it (on my iphone SE2).

I first plugged in my MOTU M2 and selected it as an audio device in the settings of the app. The MOTU M2 showed up on the list of devices and it allowed me to select the supported sample rates. Everything look really cool, but then... things got a little iffy.

First, I wasn't able to record. When I hit record it only shows a red "x". Second, it would be cool if we could change the bit depth and sample rate of the outputted FLAC file. I'm not sure if there was an option to change the bit depth or not. I looked around the settings and couldn't find anything.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: USB Audio Interface - IOS Record

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi,

What if you close Neutron and open with USB ADC attached, will recording start functioning?

Currently bitdepth is not selectable and defaults to 16-bits for PCM but it is in to-do to add selection for 16, 24,32 bits in the next update.

blaubär

Re: USB Audio Interface - IOS Record

Post by blaubär » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:29 pm

dmitrykos wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:28 pm
1.01.0:
* New:
- output bits selection for lossless PCM formats (FLAC, WAV): 8, 16, 24, 32;
[...]