Transferring Recorded Files from Android to PC

Support questions for Neutron Recorder only.
blaubär

Re: Transferring Recorded Files from Android to PC

Post by blaubär » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:13 pm

Pantelis wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:25 pm
When you long press a Recording file and select Share icon, if you select gmail app to email the file, the gmail app opens and says "permission denied for the attachment".
It seems Neutron doesn't transfer the file's data to the gmail app, but the file name and location. And due to SAF and the file being located in the Neutron app's scope only ever the neutron app may access it, and so gmail cannot read it.
---
Whether it would be possible to create another sharing mechanism - one that would contain the shared file in the mail itself, not its attachments - I don't know.

dmaudsley

Post by dmaudsley » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:04 pm

I haven't found a way to transfer the files I'd already recorded, but if you go into Settings>Media Library>Sources and then tap the + button at the bottom, followed by 'File System' and the + button again, you'll be able to select a new folder to save files to that you will be able to access. I still can't share the file from within Neutron but I can now access the files using the standard Files app in Android and send to other apps/email/Dropbox/etc from there. No idea why the default folder is so hidden but this at least solves the issue for me going forward.

BuSchu

Post by BuSchu » Tue May 09, 2023 7:33 pm

For me the easiest way to transfer files to the PC is via the ftp server!