Stealth mode

Support questions for Neutron Recorder only (http://neutroncode.com/apps/recorder).
gialandra
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 am

Stealth mode

Post by gialandra » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:11 pm

One of the things I appreciate most about a recorder is the hidden mode so I can record without attracting anyone's attention. Is it possible to implement this feature?
Last edited by gialandra on Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

blaubär
Posts: 3440
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am

Re: Stealt mode

Post by blaubär » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:06 am

gialandra wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:11 pm
One of the things I appreciate most about a recorder is the hidden mode so I can record without attracting anyone's attention. Is it possible to implement this feature?
Could you elaborate ? How does recording now "attract attention" ? What exactly would have to change ?

gialandra
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 am

Re: Stealt mode

Post by gialandra » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:21 am

I would like that, once the registration is started, there is no trace of the registration work anywhere, neither in the task bar, nor in the notification panel, and the registration continues until the user reopens the application and stops the registration.

blaubär
Posts: 3440
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am

Re: Stealt mode

Post by blaubär » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:51 am

gialandra wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:21 am
I would like that, once the registration is started, there is no trace of the registration work anywhere, neither in the task bar, nor in the notification panel, and the registration continues until the user reopens the application and stops the registration.
And what "traces of the registration" do you see currently ?

gialandra
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 am

Re: Stealt mode

Post by gialandra » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:29 am

Now I see these traces:
2022-11-09_122156_3.png
2022-11-09_122156_3.png (215.63 KiB) Viewed 3672 times

blaubär
Posts: 3440
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am

Re: Stealt mode

Post by blaubär » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:55 pm

gialandra wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:29 am
Now I see these traces:
You see that Neutron is recording. What do you think this has to do with registration ?
If you don't want notifications you can disable them in the operating system.

gialandra
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 am

Re: Stealt mode

Post by gialandra » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:06 pm

Maybe I can disable everything, but I'm afraid that without application optimization (background service?) Android will terminate the application in the middle of an important recording. It can happen?

blaubär
Posts: 3440
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am

Re: Stealt mode

Post by blaubär » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:32 am

gialandra wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:06 pm
Maybe I can disable everything, but I'm afraid that without application optimization (background service?) Android will terminate the application in the middle of an important recording. It can happen?
Why worry about optimization, when we're talking about visibility on the lock screen and notifications? You should be able to disable notifications without affecting optimization .
As for optimization: I don't know the recorder, but the player might be affected, depending on os settings. I suggest you disable optimization and tell the os not to save power etc for the app.

gialandra
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 am

Re: Stealt mode

Post by gialandra » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:14 pm

I tried and in fact all the notifications are gone and the recorder work is invisible. But my fear remains and I don't know if just disabling the battery saving system option will prevent the application from terminating while it is recording and my recording from being lost.

blaubär
Posts: 3440
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am

Re: Stealt mode

Post by blaubär » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:12 am

gialandra wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:14 pm
I don't know if just disabling the battery saving system option will prevent the application from terminating while it is recording and my recording from being lost.
Well, try it out.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests