Neutronplayer doesn`t remove tracks from file-system

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Lupex

Re: Neutronplayer doesn`t remove tracks from file-system

Post by Lupex » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi Blaubär.
You do speak german, right.
Maybe you can help me, because its a little difficult to me to conversate in engish :(

The answer from the developer is this:
Are these music files located on external SD card may be? If yes,
could you please delete existing source entry which points to external
SD inside Sources section and then create new source entry and
re-point it to the external SD. Will it help?

My answwr to this was the following - and I am not sure that I did the right thing, according to his answer...
es, the music files are on exteral SD-Card because I got plenty music files.
I deleted the source selection and the created a new source selection but with the files still in the same place.
I took just a little subfolder and tried deleting a audiofile again via the neutronplayer menu "Delete from filesytem".
But the file doesn`t get deleted. It disappears in NP but by watching with my file explorer it still is in the file folder...

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi Lupex,

kann sein, dass Ihr aneinander vorbeiredet. Er hatte wohl vorgeschlagen, den Eintrag in Sources zu löschen und einen neuen anzulegen. Warum, ist mir nicht klar, der alte funktionierte ja. Sowas macht man normalerweise, wenn das Problem darin besteht, dass man die Dateien gar nicht erst sieht. Aber vielleicht war seine Vermutung, NMPs interne Datenbank sei hinüber, und der Neuaufbau der Sources würde das bereinigen.

Du könntest mal versuchen, nur ein paar Alben auf einem Ort im internen Speicher abzulegen, und dort das Löschen versuchen. Dann wüssten wir, ob es irgendwas mit der externen Karte zu tun hat. Ich hab meine Musik auch auf der externen Karte, und kann Deinen Effekt dort reproduzieren. Wenn Du Dein Ergebnis mit dem Test auf dem internen Speicher hast, kann ich das dann auch bei mir mal ausprobieren, und ihm unsere gesammelten Erkenntnisse schreiben.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:48 pm

So, ich hab's schon mal auf dem internen Speicher probiert, da klappt es bei mir.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:58 pm

Ich hab' ihm mal geschrieben :
regarding Lupex' topic at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5487&start=10 :
I can reproduce his findings - on my Samsung S7 Oreo I can remove tracks from NMP's library,
but can physically delete from the filesystem only if the Source is residing in the internal memory.
If it resides on SD-Card, then the song vanishes from NP but is still physically present on the filesystem,
even if I ordered NMP to physically delete it.

Lupex

Post by Lupex » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:14 pm

HI!
My problem is fixed.

After clicking delete I had to locate/navigate first to the external SD-Card...
Before it was in "last used" option, which obvious did not really find the file to delete.

Thank you very much!!

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:29 pm

Ok, klappt auch bei mir. Ich musste auch die "Sources" löschen und neu anlegen, und dann einmal zur SD-Karte navigieren.