New suggestions

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
schawo

New suggestions

Post by schawo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:20 am

Hi,

I like your player, this is my favourite on Android.
I like its crossfeed, the parametric eq, and all the other unique stuff.

To be even better, I would have some suggestions:
1. To stop the playbeck if the headphone is pluged off the device, and resume playing once plugged back in.
2. At parametric eq there is no unit given for the with of the band. I assume that it is octave. If I am right I would also suggest to raise the limit to multiple octaves for each band, because a single octace is too narrow.
3. I think the crossfeed is based on bs2b algorithm. But there is no delay value shown while tweaking. It would be much easier to configure the crossfeed, if I don't have to watch other implementations while setting up, just to find out the LPF-delay corresponding values.
4. [BUG] The player resumes playback after the phonecall, even if it was not playing before.

That's for now, once I'll have other ideas, I'll get back :)

Thanks and best wishes.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: New suggestions

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:54 am

Hi! :D

1. Ok, will think about it, may be as additional option which will be disabled by default.

2. You are correct! It is already done for coming release. First I was going to make 0-1 range to simplify for inexperienced users (who do not know about octaves) which would be bound to Octaves range and made a bug as a result by binding coefficient 1:1 to Octaves. Moreover I will add ability to control Q for Low and High pass filters.

3. Will put plotting of delay per frequencies for LPF and HBF it in to-do. I agree that it would be useful for pro listeners.

4. Yes, thank you very much. Another user on forum also reported it. The bug will be fixed in next coming release.

Thank you very much for your ideas!
Dmitry.

schawo

Post by schawo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:06 am

Dmitry, thanks for the feedback. :)

schawo

Post by schawo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:43 am

Just one thing. Would it be possible to set the Mid1-Band EQ frequnecy at a wider range. I use the EQ for headphone equation, for which I need to set the mid freq ca. @7kHz and the highs @9kHz.

Thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:16 am

Which range of Mid-1/-2 is necessary for your case?

Currently: Mid1 = 200-3000, Mid2 = 1000 - 8000. These ranges in most cases allow to emulate hardware EQ ranges.