Suggestion to improve display of Track info

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
HappyUser

Suggestion to improve display of Track info

Post by HappyUser » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:52 am

Thanks for the latest version of Neutron ..... love it !!!!
You have added the ability to display the 'track title - album - artist' when the playback control panel is hidden.
This is very useful as it gives a 'clean' display.

2 points:

1. There is no indication of where you are in the track.
A simple sliding cursor like on the playback controls panel *but* without the ability to seek etc would be useful as a visual indicator.
This could be a simple line/cursor across the top of the Text box displaying the 'track title - album - artist' at the bottom of the display.
This would maintain the clean look.

2. When the option to hide the playback controls after x seconds is used, the playback controls disappear *but* the 'track title - album - artist' text box
does not appear unless you double tap the album cover displayed. Is this the way you want it to work ???

These are minor points against a wonderful piece of software.
The best music app for android if you care about music quality and *not* a UI with flashing disco lights !!! :)

blaubär

Re: Suggestion to improve display of Track info

Post by blaubär » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:35 pm

1. With that argument you could ask to add, step by step, all the things that you had hidden - could you give criteria why just this and not all the others ?
2. That's probably an oversight

HappyUser

Post by HappyUser » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Specifically, because I listen to classical music a lot and having a visual indicator of the closeness of the track end is useful.
I.e. Do I have enough time left to finish listening to this track?
The criteria you are mainly concerned with are 'What am I listening to & how long is it (do I have enough time to listen to it) ?
It is rare that you will listen to a partial track and finish it later.

Just a suggestion that you have a perfect right to reject. :)

HappyUser

Post by HappyUser » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:11 pm

Additional thought:
If the sliding line/cursor ruins the aesthetic perhaps use the background shading of the 'track title - album -artist' text box.
Changing the background shading left to right as the track is played. [ 0% to 100% complete]
:)