Set Oversampling Threshold / Limit

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Julius Decimus

Re: Set Oversampling Threshold / Limit

Post by Julius Decimus » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:16 am

Is there a way to turn off the spectrum analyzer ? Or it is off when you are not in the tab with it ?

I have a feeling that the whole program would be little bit lighter if you can disable it.

When you close Neutron and start it anew, it works best and fastest until you click on that tab with the spectrum analyzer. Then it is kind of "more heavy" from this point on until you don't restart it.

There is setting for "background active elements" in the user interface menu. It is by default 0 i think. I guessed this can mean it turns off the spectrum analyzer when you are not in the tab with it. What are your observations guys ?

Also, are you saying that by editing the Tags of MQA file you can manipulate its sample rate behaviour ? Oh my......

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:00 am

The "Dynamic Background, Items" is a visualisation gimmick (starfield simulation) , doesn't interact with what you play.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:12 am

As to the spectrum analyzer: no, there's no option to remove or disable it.

WitzyZed

Post by WitzyZed » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:54 pm

Julius Decimus wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:16 am
Also, are you saying that by editing the Tags of MQA file you can manipulate its sample rate behaviour ? Oh my......
Not specifically MQA files, but any FLAC file with those mock MQA tags and original sample rate tags in place.
Neutron won’t do any MQA decoding (which is fine) but it does read those tag fields to know how much oversampling is needed to reach original rate (if it was 88.2kHz, 96kHz, etc etc) from the base 44.1kHz or 48kHz that all files originally in MQA tend to be.
This overrides any oversampling ratio the user sets in Neutron.
In my case I just wanted to avoid oversampling for something already 88.2kHz or higher, but keep the oversampling by 2X in play for 44.1kHx and 48kHz files.
(For whatever reason) my FiiO x5iii really dislikes switching between 44.1 and 48kHz files when playing back natively in Neutron, causing all spectrum and waveform displays to be displayed at like 5 frames per second.