More EQ bands needed

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
blaubär

Re: How to work with the equalizer

Post by blaubär » Tue May 18, 2021 3:55 am

hrishi1379 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:56 pm
Trying to configure the presets for quick access led me to the easiest way to switch EQ profiles. Enable the FRC DSP Button in Settings>User Interface and long press the FRC button to quickly change between EQ Presets. I just need to make sure that EQ presets that I have created are added to the FRC section beforehand.
Yes, you can use the Frequency Response Correction presets. But you don't have to - there are also buttons for the Equalizer Presets in the top panel and the DSP buttons, that should be equally quick handling.

lal1

Newbie Question - Equalizer

Post by lal1 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:59 am

Hi,
I have a lot of folders with different music. I'm looking for an option to definite an equalizer preset for each folder.
I mean: is it possible, when i open the player and choose a music folder the player selct automaticly the a prepared equalizer preset?

Thanks for Your ideas.

Markus

blaubär

Re: Newbie Question - Equalizer

Post by blaubär » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:43 am

You can bind the folder to an equalizer preset :

bind-folder-to-eq.jpg
bind-folder-to-eq.jpg (43.68 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
For more information on equalizer usage see here.

lal1

Post by lal1 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 am

Thank You.
This way I tried anytime but I mean it's not working. If I link with Your way an EQ Preset with an folder and then I choose another folder, the preset is valid with all other folders...
i.e.: I bind the Preset in folder A (folder includes a lot of mp3 titles) and later I play the music from folder B the preset from A is activ in B and C and so on...
Or must I bind every folder in a EQ preset?

Greetings Lal

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:41 am

lal1 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 am
If I link with Your way an EQ Preset with an folder and then I choose another folder, the preset is valid with all other folders...
i.e.: I bind the Preset in folder A (folder includes a lot of mp3 titles) and later I play the music from folder B the preset from A is activ in B and C and so on...
Or must I bind every folder in a EQ preset?
So what happens if you bind folder A to preset A and folder B to preset B and then switch from folder A to folder B, does it then change automatically from preset A to preset B ? If not, that would be a bug.

As to what should happen if you switch from a bound state to an unbound state : I don't think that's specified and would expect Neutron to do nothing, meaning it should keep the current preset. If you want that changed I suggest we treat this as a feature request. What would you expect Neutron to do in a case like this, switch to the preset that was active with the last unbound state ?

lal1

Post by lal1 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:40 pm

Thanks. Your solution works. Great help! For future I mean Neutron should use the last state.

Greetings Lal

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:23 pm

I created a proposal for development.
blaubär wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:22 pm
Situation : when the conditions that activate binding of profiles or presets ends nothing happens

Proposal : profiles and presets should return to the last unbound state

lal1

Post by lal1 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:21 am

It will be also fine when is anywhere to see, which equalizer preset (the name I mean) I bound with the music folder. I can only see, that a preset is bounded but not which one.

Greetings

Docc

Option to save EQ Profiles

Post by Docc » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:12 pm

I do not know if it is somehow possible (at least i can not find the option) to save different EQ profiles for different IEMs/TWS.
I use a few different ones and they all need totaly different EQ settings to get where i want them to be.
So it would be nice to have the option to save the Presets for each IEM/TWS .

blaubär

Re: Option to save EQ Profiles

Post by blaubär » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:04 pm

See here. Yes, you can create and store equalizer presets, both to change the music and to mitigate the shortcomings of the sound transducers. The equalizer in Neutron when it is used to change the musicis called "equalizer", when it is used to mitigate the shortcomings of the transducers is called "frequency response correction", both can be used simultaneously and independently, both use stored presets.