'Stacking' EQs

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
theSplund

'Stacking' EQs

Post by theSplund » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:49 pm

So, I have three EQs for my two headphones and speakers; and I'm considering setting up individual EQs for certain styles (let's say to tame 80s metal etc) - I could be missing something but can we get the ability to have an EQ based on the track/album/genre but then merge/combine it with an EQ specific for our chosen listening device? As I see it now, I need three EQs per album depending on my output.

blaubär

Re: 'Stacking' EQs

Post by blaubär » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:07 am

theSplund wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:49 pm
[...] I could be missing something [...]
You are - there's the FRC ( Frequency Response Correction ), also see here. In short : you can have two equalizers, one ("EQ") works after the decoding, one ("FRC") before the DAC. For the latter there are in-built presets for loads of known headphones.

Caelin1

Post by Caelin1 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:23 am

Also, try binding an equalizer to the album you are listening too by long-pressing the album and selecting the option.

theSplund

Post by theSplund » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:06 pm

blaubär wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:07 am
theSplund wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:49 pm
[...] I could be missing something [...]
You are - there's the FRC ( Frequency Response Correction ), also see here. In short : you can have two equalizers, one ("EQ") works after the decoding, one ("FRC") before the DAC. For the latter there are in-built presets for loads of known headphones.
Thanks - I've now found the 'new' FR tab and transferred my headphone EQs to that - I'll look to use the 'old' EQs for albums that need adjustment.
Caelin1 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:23 am
Also, try binding an equalizer to the album you are listening too by long-pressing the album and selecting the option.
Thanks