Welcome our Neutron HiFi™ DAC V1 device!

Support questions for Neutron HiFi™ DAC V1 devices only (http://neutronhifi.com/devices/dac/v1).
dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Welcome our Neutron HiFi™ DAC V1 device!

Post by dmitrykos » Thu May 02, 2024 7:32 pm

> I'm sure you know this but using the gain sliders really spams the flash memory, I noticed it when looking at the command window when I tried Windows OS.

Filter is uploaded to the device but not stored inside the Flash. It is stored in RAM unless you click Save inside NConfigurator and only then filter setting becomes persistent across device restarts.

> Is there a way to save custom EQ that I am missing so I don't have to type it in every time I change things around and customize for different IEMs?

Currently there is no way unless you modify currently uploaded EQ setup but will add into to-do to implement possibility to save custom presets, like in Neutron Player, there it is possible.

rlw6534

Post by rlw6534 » Fri May 03, 2024 3:49 pm

Understood on the flash memory, which make perfect sense. Yes, adding the ability to save custom presets will be a great addition. Thanks for the support.

TheDocho

Post by TheDocho » Sat May 11, 2024 10:17 pm

I've received my device today and already had some fun with the NConfigurator for PEQ and crossfeed :)

However, is it possible that the left and right channels are swapped by default? I've tested in on two PC's, and in both cases the left and right channels are reversed. I don't see an option anywhere to change this?

rlw6534

Post by rlw6534 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:45 pm

TheDocho wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:17 pm
I've received my device today and already had some fun with the NConfigurator for PEQ and crossfeed :)

However, is it possible that the left and right channels are swapped by default? I've tested in on two PC's, and in both cases the left and right channels are reversed. I don't see an option anywhere to change this?
I'm seeing the same on my iPhone 15 Pro. I hadn't picked up on it before.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat May 25, 2024 7:47 pm

Sorry for the delayed reaction. I confirm this bug in the firmware (unfortunate typo in the channels swapping function which swaps channels in DSD mode but mistakenly swapped in PCM mode - a matter of missing ! in the boolean check, C/C++ developers will understand).

Firmware 41 with a fix is now available via NConfigurator:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7104&sid=2cde31835 ... 916c20e009

TheDocho

Post by TheDocho » Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:19 pm

Thank you for solving it :)

Interesting to read that the latest firmware now supports the ambiophonics R.A.C.E. algorithm, I'll have some fun with that today ;)