Request Display Options

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
HokieMatt

Request Display Options

Post by HokieMatt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:42 pm

First off, I love the player. Probably the best $5 I have spent on an app for any device.

That said I would like to suggest a few things related to the full screen display:
  • 1. Provide an option to emphasize track info rather than elapsed time (i.e. make the ET display smaller, make the track data larger).
    2. Relocate the star rating to a clearer spot on screen, and give it more contrast. The stars nearly disappear over certain album art, and I find it difficult to hit the stars sandwiched between the time display and the pause/FF/Rew controls.
    3. Keep the stars visible and selectable when the pause/FF/Rew controls auto-hide.
    4. Provide an option in the full screen frequency spectrum view to keep the album art visible behind the spectrum.
Thanks for listening.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Request Display Options

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 am

Thank you for your proposals :)

> stars

It is questionable to make them too contrast and visible. The idea was to please both listeners: who never uses ratings and who uses. I think now it looks like a compromise - stars are not that eye catchy but fully working and visible by center of Playing Now screen is used. May be, if rating is assigned though it worth considering keeping stars visible somewhere on Playing Now screen - it needs some consideration and analysis.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

HokieMatt

Post by HokieMatt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm

OK, I understand the point regarding keeping the stars unobtrusive. Would it be possible to set up an alternate layout that would put some separation between the stars and the player controls? The larger your fingers, the more difficult it is to hit the intended star vs. one of the control buttons.

Thanks.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 pm

I will put this question to review for future modifications in UI.