[INVESTIGATING] neutron not scanning music correctly

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: [INVESTIGATING] neutron not scanning music correctly

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi Marc,

The problem could be caused by open-source database project - SQLite which engine Neutron is using for Neutron database. The dependency probably was found out and workaround was implemented. So in next coming update you could re-try scanning. I advise to uninstall Neutron, install new version (once it is on the market) and press AUTOSCAN button. It would be great to know whether you succeeded with new version.

Android users got 1.68.0 update today, PlayBook in 1-2-3 days (depends on App World team).

Best regards,
Dmitry.

jimmyyang207

Post by jimmyyang207 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi Admin,

Updated to 1.68.0 now, something goes wrong with sort of song list.
EX:
1.Two discs album sort like this:
disc1-1
disc2-1
disc1-2
disc2-2
But i didn't check "IGNORE DISC" option .
2.Track number of some albums doesn't scan correctly.

This issue doesn't happen to me on 1.67.0.
Is there anyway back to 1.67.0? thx.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Most probably music files from both albums are in the same folder? Then Neutron (currently) can interleave tracks because by default sorting is done by:
- location (path)
- track Nr.

But such multi-CD album will have 2 tracks with Nr. 1 (if 2 CDs) and so on. May be it makes sense to do default sorting by:

So far you have workaround: long press on such album -> SETTINGS -> choose sorting method 'Sort by Filename'

otaku313

Post by otaku313 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Dmitri,

Can you give AppWorld a nudge? It's been almost a week and they are still showing 1.67.

Thanks.

Eric

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi Eric!

I actually already wrote to App World team with question to speedup the review process. Normally it takes max 3 working days for review but now already 8 days passed since the update was published.

May be it takes longer due to massive submission of apps/updates before BB10 device release event.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:10 am

> My files are all mp3 so couldn't it use the id3 tags to get the disc number and sort by that?

Yes it could but such sorting was replaced by using:
- file location + track number

Usually multi-disc albums have multiple folders where each folder represents CD X. 'file location + track number' in such situation is the most reliable sorting method with 100% guarantee. ID3 tags some times have wrong information about CD number or missing it. Moreover there are music formats which do not have such metadata field.

So, in such situation with 'file location + track number' interleaving won't happen.

In your case I believe you have all music files of several CDs all in one folder. For current Neutron version you can manually move files of corresponding CDs to separate folders, or apply sorting order for group using SETUP button (long press on group).

For the future version of Neutron there will be testing made whether combination 'file location + CD number + track number' is working ok. If it works without issues it will become the default sorting method.

crnigjuro

Post by crnigjuro » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:31 am

Hello,

I don't want to start a new thread with similar problem to this one :)
I use HTC One X (European version) with latest android update for it, and latest neutron version. Few days ago I accidentally removed a music folder from neutron's database and I still can't get it back. The folder itself is, of course, still existing, as is all music in it, but Neutron can't seem to be able to add it to its database anymore. Rescanning didn't work - I tried rescanning whole source path, then just the directory path, then just the individual songs inside folder, nothing works. I tried putting other music on the phone and Neutron found it without problem. I erased all source data in Neutron, and autoscanned it again, it still shows all the other folders except this one. I have no idea what to do next other then uninstall application and try new install...

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:02 pm

May be you ignored that folder by mistake?

You can check it by:
Neutron UI -> Library screen -> scroll to Folders -> long-press top-level Folders item -> press UNIGNORE and check if that folder listed. If listed, mark it and unignore.

If you are uninstalling app sometimes its secondary files are not deleted by OS, you can delete them manually by deleting folder /sdcard/Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp

crnigjuro

Post by crnigjuro » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:14 pm

There is nothing to UNIGNORE. Still can't see the music folder. Am officially confused now :D

silfverberg

Post by silfverberg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:49 am

hi
I have the exact same problem.
It started after the last update. Neutron stopped playing and i had to manually choose the next track. Already this is anoying, since i use it as a home player.
This morning i put new files on the sd, and it showed all folders, but only 7 out of 25 files.
Format: uncompressed aiff
I did the following: re copy all files, format sd, new installation of neutron, copy the files, and finally i re encoded the files.
I would GREATLY appreciate it, if you would provide a earlier version of neutron, before 2013, everything worked perfectt.
Thx