Feature requests/ideas

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
slipudatung

Feature requests/ideas

Post by slipudatung » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi team,
I have recently made the change from Poweramp Pro to Neutron for the sound quality increase (its astoundingly amazing in comparrison) and I am basically missing a couple of features that I got used to which made life a little easier for me.
I have searched for most of these (couldnt find them) so figured I would create my own topic. Apologies if this is a problem for anyone or if I have duplicated a request. :oops:
  • :idea: Recently Added sorting - This feature is huge for me as I am constantly adding new individual tracks from unsigned/unknown artists (tags arent always amazing) so being able to locate files by date added (to either DIR or App would suffice) would be massively helpful.
  • :idea: Search Field - Input type? - Im not sure how to word this but the input type on the search field seems to be set to something that makes it hard to use with the likes of swype keyboards etc. Eg in landscape mode, search using swype and you cant see whats being typed until you press the spacebar. I guess this is an input type issue?
  • :idea: Gestures in landscape - I use my phone in a car dock and am used to be able to swipe the screen left or right for track change (easier while driving) so an option to enable gestures (and change screen swapping to button conrtolled) would be a massive help (and safer for me to use!)
  • :idea: Tag editing - Long press a song, scroll down to its tags and then be able to edit them would be handy!
Thank you all for your time. I cant tell you how amazing I find the sound quality in this compared to any other music app I have tried. I thought I had tweaked the kernal and app to get the very best sound my device could make.. until I downloaded Neutron. Simply amazing sound. :geek:

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Feature requests/ideas

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 am

Hi! :)

> Recently Added sorting

This feature is planned and in to-do list.

> Search Field - Input type? ... search using swype and you cant see whats being typed until you press the spacebar...

Hm.. this is strange because Swype is working well on my devices. Could you please mention what keyboard are you using, stock or somebody's else, so I could test.

> Gestures in landscape

Had these requests already and in to-do list. If implemented it will be an option in Settings -> User Interface which will switch on Swype action for track change while switch off screen changes and screen changes will be possible only with bar buttons under the display area (left-right).

> Tag editing

Unfortunately this feature won't be included. The main reason - existence of many many free software apps on Android and PC (Mp3Tag) which can do this job easily. You edit tags once and forget about it. It does not make sense to replicate already existing functionality. The same concerns album covers.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

slipudatung

Post by slipudatung » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Thank you so much for your response Dmitry! Its great to hear about some of the items on the to-do list! Making a great MP player even better. :D
> Search Field - Input type? ... search using swype and you cant see whats being typed until you press the spacebar...
Hm.. this is strange because Swype is working well on my devices. Could you please mention what keyboard are you using, stock or somebody's else, so I could test.
- The Swype version I use is the 1.3.5 Beta, which could be the issue. I have changed to SwiftKeyX and it works as intended. I will use Swiftkey from now on as search is currently the best way for me to find tracks.
> Gestures in landscape
Had these requests already and in to-do list. If implemented it will be an option in Settings -> User Interface which will switch on Swype action for track change while switch off screen changes and screen changes will be possible only with bar buttons under the display area (left-right).
- This sounds perfect to me! Im guessing the main application for such features is while driving/in a dock where it is not immediately convenient to use any hardware buttons (PS I LOVE the integrated volume/gain control for this reason!)
> Tag editing
Unfortunately this feature won't be included. The main reason - existence of many many free software apps on Android and PC (Mp3Tag) which can do this job easily. You edit tags once and forget about it. It does not make sense to replicate already existing functionality. The same concerns album covers.
- You are definately correct here - there are masses of apps for this so no love lost here ;)

Thank you so much for your commitment to developing this outstanding app. For me, I use this app more than anything else on my phone, literally 6 hours a day at least (soon to be more when docked accessibility is enhanced!) and I look ever so forward to see what lies ahead for Neutron. :ugeek:

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 am

> Gestures in landscape

This functionality is now since 1.67 version:

Neutron UI -> Settings -> User Interface -> scroll to SWIPE.TRCK and activate it. Now swiping action on album art area in Playing Now screen will cause track change to Prev/Next.

slipudatung

Post by slipudatung » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:55 am

And it works perfectly! Thank you so very much!!

slipudatung

Post by slipudatung » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:37 am

Hello,

Sorry to liven up this old thread.
I just wanted to follow up on/report something regarding this:
> Recently Added sorting

This feature is planned and in to-do list.
Up until the recent update, the "Source" folder(s) used to place new tracks at the bottom of the source list, meaning I could always find the new tracks and play them one after the other. Now it appears that the souce list is in some random order and new songs are injected in between somewhere - its like it has no logic at all to its layout. There are sorting options but (as per original post) there isnt anything to go by date. Removing the source and readding it gives me a completely different order everytime.

Are you aware of a change that was made in the recent version that would have adjusted the way tracks are populated in the source folder or did I have a "bug" that worked extremely well in my favour?

Thank you for your time and consideration!

slipudatung

Post by slipudatung » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 pm

A little Bump as this is plaguing me!