Sorting and Album Art Problem with Duplicate Album Names

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
HokieMatt

Sorting and Album Art Problem with Duplicate Album Names

Post by HokieMatt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:04 pm

My collection has a number of albums titled "Greatest Hits". These are all from different artists, they are stored in the proper folder/file hierarchy, and the correct album art is stored in each folder. In Neutron, if I scroll through the database by Artist --> Album, when I try to open any one of the Greatest Hits albums I get ALL tracks from every artist with a Greatest Hits album on my device. Furthermore, Neutron has assigned the album art from one artist to all of the others.

How can I fix this?

HokieMatt

Re: Sorting and Album Art Problem with Duplicate Album Names

Post by HokieMatt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:11 pm

I found the solution to this - under Database behavior there is a setting to use folder locations to create "more unique" albums. This worked.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm

You found correct setting which is making albums more unique: Database -> ALB FOLDER option. This option adds path to album unique Id generation and thus same named albums are no longer the problem. This option will work only if albums are sorted in separate folders.

liona1982

Post by liona1982 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:17 am

Try Duplicate Files Deleter as it can remove any problems that you might have.

kscott00

Post by kscott00 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:24 am

I understand this is an older thread and it appears this problem has been resolved. However, I'm having the very same problem and am unable to locate the Database -> ALB FOLDER option that is mentioned in an earlier post. I'm using what I believe to be the latest version of Neutron Player. If someone could step me through the menu to the location mentioned, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE: Found the setting that references the PATH as a means for separating albums with the same name.