Cue sheet problem

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
trondis23

Cue sheet problem

Post by trondis23 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 pm

I have some albums that has been ripped as a flac image with a cuesheet, using Cueripper/Cuetools. These files won't play back on Neutron. It works fine with PowerAmp.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Cue sheet problem

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:30 am

Today is 1.45 coming with improved/fixed CUE Sheet I hope it fixes your issues as well. But, if you could e-mail to me (neutronmp@gmail.com) at least one such CUE Sheet I could double check if it is ok with my dev. version.

trondis23

Post by trondis23 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 am

It seems like there was something wrong with my files. Something must have went wrong with my recent rips. I have now ripped those albums again, and they play back fine. So I can't blame Neutron for it. But it was confusing that they played back without problems in Poweramp.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 pm

It could be the case that ripper app used encoder ffmpeg of version similar to that used in PowerAMP and that was a bug in audio stream caused by ffmepg. Neutron uses original libFLAC and probably audio stream was incompatible. It is better to stick always to software which uses libFLAC encoder thus encoded FLACs will be 100% correct.