Normalizing affects all tracks

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
beavis5706

Normalizing affects all tracks

Post by beavis5706 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:41 am

I only normalized tracks that I setup an eq for. Yet the normalization seems to affect all tracks whether or not they were normalized. The result is a very low volume playing any track that was not normalized. Very annoying.

To make matters worse I undid all the normalization on the eq'd tracks and now the volume is low across the board. The only fix for that was to uninstall neutron and do a fresh install. Very very annoying.

Please fix this. Normalization should only affect the tracks that were normalized...not all of them.

thegambl3r

Re: Normalizing affects all tracks

Post by thegambl3r » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:13 pm

In settings go to "Automatic Gain Protection", set reset level to 0 and tick "Reset on New Track".

beavis5706

Re: Normalizing affects all tracks

Post by beavis5706 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:03 am

Doesn't work, normalizing affects volume of all tracks even when automatic gain protection reset level set to 0db and "reset on new track" box is checked.

Also AGP doesn't go to reset level when playing a new track, it resets to whatever preamp is set to. For example if I have preamp set to +2db then the reset level in AGP gets automatically set to +2db when playing a new track, even after I manually set reset level to 0db. Also setting reset level to 0db in AGP manually does not fix problem of lowered volume across the board.

I noticed this http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2739 in the forums. Perhaps these problems are related.

I only have eq setup for certain albums because setting eq properly can take some time. So basically any new albums and tracks I add to my phone don't have and eq for them. Due to this I can not normalize all tracks on my phone, only the ones I have an eq set for.

Don't know if this helps but here are some of my settings:
*Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545
*Neon version installed - ARMv7 + NEON [#4]
*64-bit processing
*Hardware latency = 252, Software latency = 6 (I find sound quality best with these settings)
*Dither enabled, Resampling = audiophile
*Hardware gain, audio focus, CPU wake lock and generic driver enabled
Last edited by beavis5706 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.